• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MN I did a bad thing, I'm 17

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dumbkid22

Hi I'm 17 years old, I don't turn 18 for a while. A kid I know stole something from the utilities, and sold It to me, " I knew it was stolen". I ended up giving it back after being talked to by the police at school. I have now been asked to come to juvenile court, for felony. I am wondering what hope I have, I am really scared. I want to add in if this will help me at all, It was literally just sitting by the side walk for over a month, it was not tethered to anything and it wasn't very heavy, just wondering if that would help my case. I feel awful for what I did, I don't know what I was thinking and I want it to go away :( thank you all for your support!

TigerD

Hi I'm 17 years old, I don't turn 18 for a while. A kid I know stole something from the utilities, and sold It to me, " I knew it was stolen". I ended up giving it back after being talked to by the police at school. I have now been asked to come to juvenile court, for felony. I am wondering what hope I have, I am really scared. I want to add in if this will help me at all, It was literally just sitting by the side walk for over a month, it was not tethered to anything and it wasn't very heavy, just wondering if that would help my case. I feel awful for what I did, I don't know what I was thinking and I want it to go away :( thank you all for your support!
You need to ask for an attorney at your earliest opportunity. Or go hire one right now.
1. Your story isn't believable. That may be because you don't know how to tell a story, or it may be because you are lying.

Stop stealing or buying stolen property. You are old enough to know better. This isn't just going to go away. Don't talk about the detail with anyone other than your lawyer.

DC

dumbkid22

sorry, but whats not believable about it? I'm a good kid in school, I get pretty good grades, I'm involved in a bunch of music stuff at my school as well as robotics, and you right I should no better, I'm an idiot. I probably cant afford an attorney :(

Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You should also take a remedial class in spelling and grammar. I take it your good grades are in Math and not in English.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Just some simple advice here... it doesn't matter how much something weighs or how large or small it is - if it's not yours then don't take it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">