• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wickeydoo

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Recently after a family confrontation my 16 yr old daughter ran away. The argument was about the fact we had learned that a KNOWN 18 year old guy with a record of burglary etc was sneaking in my daughter's bedroom window and she admitted this and to the sex.

I was not able to get any help from police since they fed me the "well she is 16 and he is 18 and there is a gray area concerning the months in their ages etc etc, and NOTHING WILL BE DONE! Then she bailed out the window and ran away while the officer was there at my home. She was listed in NCIC and each day we were telling the police she was with this guy, still no help.

Finally I learned the address of where they were staying and called the police and finally an officer went there and after about 30 minutes of lies, he found her hiding in the kitchen cabinet. The guy was arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile, but I understand he will be out soon.

My question is two-fold:1. there have been rumors of threats against the other members of my family. Do I have grounds to get a restraining order against him? Not only do I not want him around my house or daughter, I don't want him hurting my younger children or me!
2. How is it that he can be arrested for contributing to delinquency of a juvenile if there isn't enough difference in their ages to make her a juvenile and him an adult??

AQnzious to hear from someone, as this guy is a thug who hangs with a gang. Needless to say he brought drugs into my home with him and that is the only way I have been able to get my daughter in the hospital here for therapy. She is currently still in the hospital.

fairisfair

yes, file for a restraining order.

the difference in their ages in terms of a statutory rape charge (because he is 18 and she is 16) and a contributing to the delinquency of a minor charge (he is an adult she isn't) are apparently applied differently.

Akoni

Interesting..I almost felt sorry for the guy,but you said he's been known to burgle so obviously he's no good for your daughter. maybe house arrest can help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">