• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving out at 17

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Troubled teen 1

Hi my name is Jasmine im 17 i live in the state of Georgia. My family is very verbally abusive. I have 4months until i am 18 but have to get away from this toxic environment. I have my GED and a job and can support myself wouof it be legap for me to move out without parents permission

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Hi my name is Jasmine im 17 i live in the state of Georgia. My family is very verbally abusive. I have 4months until i am 18 but have to get away from this toxic environment. I have my GED and a job and can support myself wouof it be legap for me to move out without parents permission
Short answer: No. :cool:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
On your 18th birthday, you can move out with whatever your parents will allow you to take and no one can make you come back. Until then, you live where your parents say you live. As a former poster used to say, 17 is not 18 lite.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">