• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving while on Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

My father treats me horribly and I do have a job lined up and I was also looking to some classes at a community college there. I'm not trying to escape my mess, the thing is I would deal with it. I just don't want to deal with my father.
I suggest you find a job in Indiana and there are community colleges in Indiana. Start with those. If a move is in your future, the credits you earned can be transferred to a college in your new state.

I imagine your dad is not pleased with your illegal acts, and with good reason. But you cannot move to your mom's house. Your dad seems to have made that pretty clear.

LdiJ

Well she lives in georgia. So if he says no I can't even being graduated and having a job? What about emancipation? Is that possible? I do make enough money I could feed myself and such and being out of high school I wouldn't need to go to school. So like I would still have nice hours and everything
You are not going to be emancipated while being a minor under probation. Its also extremely iffy whether your probation officer would agree to transfer your probation to Georgia. Again, because you are a minor. Even though you have already graduated from high school (and how did someone who was smart enough to graduate from high school at age 16 manage to get themselves into the kind of trouble you have?) you are still a minor until you turn age 18.

I definitely think that you have no leg to stand on at all until you are off probation and out of the supervision of the probation department...and you would have no leg to stand on without your father's agreement until you turn age 18.

Get enrolled in community college in Indiana for the upcoming school year, wait until you turn 18, and then contemplate the move to GA then. You may find that if you show true improvement and responsibility your father's attitude may change immensely.

LdiJ

And his dad has full custody.
Assuming that junior has that right...but its not really an issue. Even with joint legal custody my answer still stands, and joint physical custody is still a pretty rare bird in Indiana...and even more rare if the parents don't live in the same state. On top of that, its even difficult to get a juvenile probation officer to approve out of state visitation for the other parent, despite custody orders, when a juvenile in on supervised probation.

quincy

Assuming that junior has that right...but its not really an issue. Even with joint legal custody my answer still stands, and joint physical custody is still a pretty rare bird in Indiana...and even more rare if the parents don't live in the same state. On top of that, its even difficult to get a juvenile probation officer to approve out of state visitation for the other parent, despite custody orders, when a juvenile in on supervised probation.
I deleted the post you quoted, as a note, but the fact that dad has full custody is definitely an issue (although, of course, not the only issue).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">