• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my 12 yrold son's being expelled from school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversurfer35@

What is the name of your state?NewHaven,Connecticut ,Goodevening ,.. I have a 12yrold son who has never been in trouble anywhere even at school an incident happen a week ago were he touched another student girls butt(female) he said it was crowded and they were transfering to the next class aparently this has happened another time also ,but she never reported it till this time ,... the have put him on a 10 day suspension followed by expellsion from school,Taron has been on the honor society several yrs top of his class and hasnt been in trouble before besides detention for fooling around with another boy a while ago ,is this the proper procedure ,or is there something we can do as parents to prevent this expellsion legally because they will not budge on their decision,We feel that this is crazy seeing that taron has never been in trouble before ,yes he deserves to be punished ,but to the extreme of being expelled seems out of hand.please help ,signed .FURIOUS :mad:

BelizeBreeze

His explusion is warranted and legal.

At this point, the ONLY thing you can do, since the school won't budge, is to explain to your son that keeping his hands to himself is the reason he is no longer welcome at the school.

Once is an accident. Twice is a 'come to jesus' meeting with your son.

You Are Guilty

silversurfer35@ said:
... hasnt been in trouble before besides detention for [highlight]fooling around with another boy[/highlight] a while ago . . .
If I'm reading this correctly, sounds like he might be having other issues than playing a little "grab ass".
:eek:

rmet4nzkx

silversurfer35@ said:
What is the name of your state?NewHaven,Connecticut ,Goodevening ,.. I have a 12yrold son who has never been in trouble anywhere even at school an incident happen a week ago were he touched another student girls butt(female) he said it was crowded and they were transfering to the next class aparently this has happened another time also ,but she never reported it till this time ,... the have put him on a 10 day suspension followed by expellsion from school,Taron has been on the honor society several yrs top of his class and hasnt been in trouble before besides detention for fooling around with another boy a while ago ,is this the proper procedure ,or is there something we can do as parents to prevent this expellsion legally because they will not budge on their decision,We feel that this is crazy seeing that taron has never been in trouble before ,yes he deserves to be punished ,but to the extreme of being expelled seems out of hand.please help ,signed .FURIOUS :mad:
First you say that he hasn't been in trouble and how wonderful your son is, then you reveal that he has been sent to detention for fooling around with another male student and that he has inappropriately touched the same girl before, so he has been warned, how many times has he done similar things without geting caught or warned? While you are looking for a new school, better get him into counseling. Also consider mittens and possibly duct tape to keep his little hands to himself.

5xMomVA

I may be wrong, but I think when she said "fooling around with another male" that she meant "goofing around", which all normal kids do at one time or another. Correct me if I'm wrong. Now, the hand on the butt thing, I don't believe for a minute that it was an accident, I've got 4 sons 10-19, and know that's about when interest in the opposite sex develops. BUT, this is not a BIG deal. When I was in 6th grade (about 12) I got felt up atleast once a day in public school, so I don't understand why a child is being expelled from school for a normal adolescent event that's been going on in every public school everywhere, every day for atleast the last 30 years. I agree it was wrong, and should be handled by the proper authorities, when we (me and my girlfreinds) told in 6th grade they (the offending boys) had a several week group session with the guidance counselor, they didn't get expelled, and it didn't happen again. Anyone who has any experience with adolescent development knows that it is normal for that age to want to explore the opposite sex, that's what GUIDANCE COUNSELORS are there for, to guide and help develop appropriate behaviour. In addition, the females are not harmed by this type of touching, it teaches them boundaries that they can later impose with older males who may be trying to do more than quickly run a hand over their butt. It's a learning event for all involved and should be treated as such. My only other advice is that this is just the beginning of your troubles with the new PS enviroment, if there is any way possible that you can remove your child from public school and homeschool him before the hearing, it will end the situation before it becomes permanent on his record, they will not hold a hearing for a student who has been legally withdrawn from attendance. I'll keep my opinions of public education to myself for now. Good luck.

stephenk

"I got felt up atleast once a day in public school,"

I am sure your boys are glad to know mom was easy. do you let your boys feel up their classmates on a daily basis?

BelizeBreeze

stephenk said:

I am sure your boys are glad to know mom was easy. do you let your boys feel up their classmates on a daily basis?
Well boys and girls, the last vestage of reason has joined the darkside. :eek:

Welcome Stephen:D

5xMomVA

That's where you are sooooo wrong. If I was easy I wouldn't have bothered telling anyone way back 30 years ago. 12 year old kids are having hormonal issues and if you and the public school system can't accept that you have no reason in the world being around 12 year old kids. Pre-teens and even teens for that matter need to be taught how to control their primal urges, not punished and expelled from school or incarcerated for pure curiosity. It wasn't long ago in the history of this country that what we now call children were married and had children of their own and it was all considered normal. Just because the majority opionion has changed doesn't mean that evolution has caught up to popular opinion. It takes hundreds if not thousands of years to reprogram the human anatomy. It's funny to find, of all the websites I visit, this one seems to have the most perfect people in world when they are responding. Try throwing out some of your family's dirt and see what the rest have to say.

You Are Guilty

stephenk said:

It's Virginia. They actually have a class in Groping, it's right after Social Studies.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Wow. Sorry, 5xMom, but I think you are way off base. Lots of things that were acceptable 30 years ago no longer are. Your boss couldn't insist that you have sex with him or lose your job, either. 50 years ago, Lynchings were common. Just 'cause it was okay "back then" doesn't mean it still is.

I'm betting you don't have daughters. I'd almost guarantee your attitude would be quite different if you did. I can tell you that OP's kid is damned lucky it wasn't my daughter he tried to cop a feel of - at best he'd be sporting a bloody nose. And she'd have my full support.

I do have to agree that the "fooling around" was a couple of guys goffing off, and not something sexual in nature. However, feeling up the girl, which in his mind (and apparently his mother's and 5xMom's) was nothing more than hijinks and a way to show the girl how much he likes her, would be considered sexual harrassment. That the girl didn't report it he first time indicates that she may well have thought it was an accident. The second time - it obviously was not.

I'd bet Greenwich has a zero tolerance policy, so bye-bye Taron. Time for a wake-up call. Hopefully this will serve as one.

And yes, I have a 13yo son. Who knows how to keep his hands to himself and what no means. Because he's been taught those lessons from the get-go. Doesn't matter who you're trying to "touch" - hands to yourself. Kids are supposed to learn those lessons by Kindergarten.

BelizeBreeze

5xMomVA said:
That's where you are sooooo wrong. If I was easy I wouldn't have bothered telling anyone way back 30 years ago. 12 year old kids are having hormonal issues and if you and the public school system can't accept that you have no reason in the world being around 12 year old kids. Pre-teens and even teens for that matter need to be taught how to control their primal urges, not punished and expelled from school or incarcerated for pure curiosity. .
Yep, you're right. Us poor hormonal 'boys' just had to go around rapin' and pillagin' on them there po farm girls. After all, the hormones made us do it.

Get real woman. Back in the early 60s when virture was STILL something to be proud of, us boys had a way OTHER THAN groping and 'feeling' a girl up. It was called PLAYBOY.

My daughters, even at 9 and 11, know that if a boy touches them one time they have the right to confront him and tell him NEVER to do it again. If it happens a second time they know they have the right to bloody his damn nose and daddy will be standing right behind them.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
BelizeBreeze said:
My daughters, even at 9 and 11, know that if a boy touches them one time they have the right to confront him and tell him NEVER to do it again. If it happens a second time they know they have the right to bloody his damn nose and daddy will be standing right behind them.
Mine did it at 5. Now that she's 11, he'd also be sporting some very sore genitals.

needhelpnow111

5xMomVA said:
so I don't understand why a child is being expelled from school for a normal adolescent event that's been going on in every public school everywhere, every day for atleast the last 30 years.
I'll explain it to you in four words: Because it is wrong. Let me assure you, from someone who is in public school nowadays, if you try to do that, even if its mutual, you will still be severely punished.

5xMomVA said:
In addition, the females are not harmed by this type of touching, it teaches them boundaries that they can later impose with older males who may be trying to do more than quickly run a hand over their butt.
So let me get this straight. We tell them that it's okay, then somehow, it's gonna teach them that it's not okay?

5xMomVA said:
My only other advice is that this is just the beginning of your troubles with the new PS enviroment, if there is any way possible that you can remove your child from public school and homeschool him before the hearing, it will end the situation before it becomes permanent on his record, they will not hold a hearing for a student who has been legally withdrawn from attendance.
Okay... rather than touching girls his age in a public school, he's gonna be touching... whom? You?

5xMomVA said:
Pre-teens and even teens for that matter need to be taught how to control their primal urges, not punished and expelled from school or incarcerated for pure curiosity.
Let me, again, try to understand your logic here. We're going to try to teach the kids to control themselves by letting them grope other girls? Wow... you should write a book.

5xMomVA said:
It takes hundreds if not thousands of years to reprogram the human anatomy.
This isn't a matter of anatomy, this is a matter of behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">