• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 15 year old cited for mip of marijuana please advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jillimoonangel

What is the name of your state? Oregon.
My daughter was with a group of kids in an alley a few blocks from school and was cited for an mip of Marijuana. She had no drugs or paraphenia on her person.
A girl in the group admitted to owning the marijuana. All the kids where searched with the exception of my daughter. She did not admit to smoking any, when questioned by the police officer. I am wondering was she suppose to have her miranda rights read to her seeing as how she was being questioned for an alleged criminal act.
She told me she had walked away when she felt uncomfortable(before police officer came) but, had came back when her friend wanted her to wait for her.
I am wondering what her legal options are. I am suppose to receive something in the mail from juvenile court. In the meantime do I need to have her do a drug evaluation? This was the condition of her return to school. Or should I wait and see what the court document says?

racer72

Hire your daughter an attorney asap.

I am wondering was she suppose to have her miranda rights read to her seeing as how she was being questioned for an alleged criminal act.
Miranda only applies to questioning after being arrested, you daughter was not arrested.

In the meantime do I need to have her do a drug evaluation?
The sooner, the better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">