• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 16 year old daughter, and her 22 year old Boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

halokee

What is the name of your state? Florida

A few years ago i read where there was a 5 year law that said that even with a parents consent if a minor was with an adult more than 5 years of age it was against the law. This was not a state law but a law that was inforced across the country.

If not can you please tell me what i can do to gain some leverage here. I have tried everything and yes they are sneeking around behind my back and I want to find a way to legally stop this.

thank you.

Shay-Pari'e

halokee said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

A few years ago i read where there was a 5 year law that said that even with a parents consent if a minor was with an adult more than 5 years of age it was against the law. This was not a state law but a law that was inforced across the country.

If not can you please tell me what i can do to gain some leverage here. I have tried everything and yes they are sneeking around behind my back and I want to find a way to legally stop this.

thank you.

You get a restraining order on the 22 year old. You lock your kid in the house after school, and you let her out to go to school.

wdlsguy

Maybe you can have him charged under Florida Statutes section 827.04, "contributing to the delinquency or dependency of a child"? In this chapter, child means any person under the age of 18 years.

IANAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">