• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 16 year old son says he can move out at 17

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

poohbear02

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? SC
My 16 year old son told me that when he turns 17 he is moving out, that he heard I would not be legal responsable for him.
He spent the summer with his grandma & he would sneak out at night, stoled some money from her. Had a taxi bring him home about 5 am because some people he went to a party got into a fight & he was left stranded in the country. He told me he was smoking pot & drinking. I told my mother to send him home, she would say "no he only has a couple of more days here". She told me he is not allowed at her house unless I was there. A couple of weeks later I went to my moms to see what he was up to & who he was hanging with. I have found a bag of pot in his shorts as I was doing laundry on that day, so I know he was doing drugs. I asked him about it & how was he buying it. He told me the person gives it to him, I asked his named & he said he couldn't because he would kill me. He also told me he did a pill called A White Boy. He came home one day, & was really angry & demanded someone go get him cigarettes, after he already had a pack that morning.
I told him "No one is going to get you a pack, we got into a yelling match, he pushed me down on the couch, & my mother got in between us. He went to his room, hit my mother's door & made a hole in the door. We went back home the next day. Things at home have been rocky at times.
Today he raised his voice & I told him you are not going any where, then he tells me when I turn 17 you can not tell me where I can go & what I can do.
Is this true?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">