• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my friends life ruined?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The Fragile

What is the name of your state? New York

Ok, several months ago my friend got a random text message from some girl he didn't know. She supposedly just dialed a wrong number but they began to chat anyway,exchanging personal info and pictures of themselves. They started chatting just about every day and eventually started to see each other. Well a week or so ago he got a text from her saying she was going to kill herself. So he became very concerned and went to her house, but the door was locked, so he called the police fearing the worst. The police showed up and then entered the house, but she wasn't there. He sent a text to her saying that the police were at her house and that they couldn't leave until they knew where she was and that she was alright. Eventually she showed up and then the police asked her age, she was 14(She looks 18). Not only had she lied and told him she was 18 but everything she told him was a lie including her name. My friend turns 26 this month. They arrested him a few days ago,he's out on bail right now. I'm convinced this little psycho girl purposefully was trying to ruin someones life just for kicks and to get some sex in the process, she must have had a notebook to keep track of all the lies she told him. What's the worst case scenario? Please tell me there is some hope for him,he is not a pedophile. Between this and my father being laid up in a hosptial bed dying slowly and painfully from cancer I can't sleep at night. I hope all this makes sense, I'm incredibly tired.:(

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? New York

Ok, several months ago my friend got a random text message from some girl he didn't know. She supposedly just dialed a wrong number but they began to chat anyway,exchanging personal info and pictures of themselves. They started chatting just about every day and eventually started to see each other. Well a week or so ago he got a text from her saying she was going to kill herself. So he became very concerned and went to her house, but the door was locked, so he called the police fearing the worst. The police showed up and then entered the house, but she wasn't there. He sent a text to her saying that the police were at her house and that they couldn't leave until they knew where she was and that she was alright. Eventually she showed up and then the police asked her age, she was 14(She looks 18). Not only had she lied and told him she was 18 but everything she told him was a lie including her name. My friend turns 26 this month. They arrested him a few days ago,he's out on bail right now. I'm convinced this little psycho girl purposefully was trying to ruin someones life just for kicks and to get some sex in the process, she must have had a notebook to keep track of all the lies she told him. What's the worst case scenario? Please tell me there is some hope for him,he is not a pedophile. Between this and my father being laid up in a hosptial bed dying slowly and painfully from cancer I can't sleep at night. I hope all this makes sense, I'm incredibly tired.:(
From what you posted it looks like Second degree Rape with a term of up to seven years. When he gets out of prison he will have to register as a Sex Offender.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">