• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My girlfriend is a kleptomaniac

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cisrc

My girlfriend is a kleptomaniac. She hadn't stolen since she was 14. She never got caught. She is now 17, she was under stress and her kleptomania came back and she committed petty theft. The owner is not pressing charges, but her case is still being seen by the police I guess, I don't know the exact details. The person that is handling her case is the one who deals with minors. They told her that they have many other cases and that they would get back to her later. What charges may she face? What is going to happen to her?

Ever since we have been together and she was living with me in Mexico this had never happened. This summer she came back to California to visit her family, her parents have always been very abusive. Her kleptomania came back because she was with her parents again and in the same environment, and I'm worried that if she stays with them for more time she will get worse... please help, I am very worried about her

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">