• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my girlfriend is in need of help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nativeman

Yes hello, I'm Leighton and I live in Louisiana and my girlfriend lives in louisiana to and I would like to know the age of leaving her parents house because there holding her against her will saying she won't live there and I was just wondering, would she be able to move out at 17 with me I have a apartment and a job that pays really well and a very safe place for her and shell finish school where I live. Can you please help me we need a fast answer so I can get her out there. Thank you so much for your time have a good day.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes hello, I'm Leighton and I live in Louisiana and my girlfriend lives in louisiana to and I would like to know the age of leaving her parents house because there holding her against her will saying she won't live there and I was just wondering, would she be able to move out at 17 with me I have a apartment and a job that pays really well and a very safe place for her and shell finish school where I live. Can you please help me we need a fast answer so I can get her out there. Thank you so much for your time have a good day.
She can move in with you when she is an adult.

cyjeff

Just to be clear, parents don't hold their minor children "against their will". Parents have the absolute right to tell their own children where to be and not be at any given time.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When she is 18, and not one minute before, she can move out and live anywhere she pleases. Until that time, she lives where her parents say she lives.

And if she moves in with you anyway without their permission? Since you know she does not have their permission to move out as a minor, if you don't send her straight back where she belongs, you can find yourself in jail.

xylene

You need to find an adult girlfriend whose life is together like yours (Job, financial independence, own place)

Your knight-in-shining armor thing only seems like a good think but it is extremely toxic. To you most of all.

Everyone here is telling the truth, this girl is a legal child, until 18

But here is another truth - rescuing people, 'vulnerable' people, like young girls who hate their parents, is a great way to get hurt and taken advantage of. There is nothing heroic about it.

Have you even considered that this girl is trying to take advantage of you - she's asking you to break the law and put yourself at risk of dire consequences.

You don't actually need to do that for a woman in a healthy relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">