• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My iPod Touch was stolen at my school, I have a witness and evidence. What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrNoodle

I live in Georgia. This Friday, March 4th during my first period High School class my iPod Touch was stolen from my book bag. I immediately reported it to the administrators. Today, I noticed one of my classmates had the case that I used for my iPod on his own iPod Touch. After asking him where he had gotten it from, he told me one of his friends had given it to him. I let him know that my iPod was stolen before the weekend so he told me his friend had tried to sell him an iPod with the same description of mine that day after giving him the case. I proceeded to go with my classmate to the administrators and told them all that had happened. They spoke to the person who has my iPod; he said he doesn't have it but will get it back. He also threatened to hurt me and my classmate. All I want is my iPod back, what can I do if he doesn't deliver?

eerelations

Report everything to the police. Don't forget to report the threat to hurt you too. Bring your parents and your witness friend with you to the police station to make sure the police take you seriously. This has become a serious matter because of the threat. If this person threatened your friend too, bring your friend's parents as well. Don't wait, do this asap.

eerelations

The school is obviously not taking it seriously. Given that, we can't say for sure the police will take it seriously either. Police don't always do what they're supposed to do. That's why OP should bring his parents along, to make sure the police take it seriously. In addition, if OP is a minor, it's possible the police may require his parents' presence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">