• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justwondering23

What is the name of your state? michigan

My son is 16 he has been charged with three felonies for him and his friend trying to use someones atm card.He only used it once but it carries three different felonies, obviously 1) for takeing the card 2) for having it in his possesion and 3) for trying to use it (just that one time) I was just curious, can he be charged with all three felonies or will they most likely be dropped to misdemeanors or maybe just one felony?? thanks.

Last edited:

The Occultist

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that your son illegally used an atm card 3 different times, and is being charged for each illegal use, correct?

Let me use an extreme example that may answer question (but take this with a grain of salt as only the DA can decide what charges to actually press): if I kill 3 different people, do you feel I should be charged with all 3 murders? or just one?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
My son is 16 he has been charged with three felonies
could he even be charged with all three
I'm a little confused because you said he has been charged with three felonies, and then you asked how he might be charged. Do you mean he was arrested for acts that meet the criteria for a felony, but they haven't charged him yet? If that's the case, it's probably very likely that he will be charged with whatever the D.A. thinks will stick--depending on the strength of the evidence.

If he has, officially, been charged with three felonies and you're wondering if those charges might eventually be reduced to a single count or misdemeanors; again, it probably depends on what kind of conviction the D. A. thinks he can get.

Realistically, the answer to your question is that anything is possible, but nobody here has any way of knowing what the D.A. will do. He can pretty much do anything within the scope of the applicable law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">