• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC - 20 y/o in "purchase" of alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrs1985

Here is the complete story (occurred last night):

A guy I know knows the owner of this club. Due to this, him, myself, and a few others (he was the only over 21) were able to get in through the back, no problems. We had one drink for free, but after that I went to the bathroom and called my friend and told him we had gotten in for free (noone under 21 gets in). An ALE officer was actually in the bathroom and overheard this. Later, I went to the bar to get a mixed drink and after getting the drink, the officer asked to see my license. He said he had overheard my conversation while I was on the phone. I cooperated with him and told the whole story. I was written up for

"Being 20 years old purchase mixed beverage. G.S. 18B-302(b)."

He told me because it was my first offense and I have no record whatsoever that I could either pay the $110 and it would go on as a misdemeanor on my record and not go to court or I could go to court, be sentenced to some alchohol classes and pay a fine. Not having this on your record looks like the best option. BUT, I was wondering if I should get a lawyer for this and how much it would cost and any legal advice. Court date is late April.

Thanks.

jrs1985

sorry

I just didn't know which forum to put it in, so I put it in both. Feel free to delete one of them moderator. Sorry.

HomeGuru

jrs1985 said:
I just didn't know which forum to put it in, so I put it in both. Feel free to delete one of them moderator. Sorry.

**A: I am not wasting my time. YOU delete this post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">