• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nebraska dating-laws?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thejamesman

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

A friend of mine (Now 17) is going to turn 18 soon. His girlfriend is 14.

Law broken?

The Occultist

There are no laws against dating (unless of course the parents say no, then it means no).

The laws your "friend" should be concerned with are those of being physical with the very young girl. I'm not going to do your research for you, but I'll help get you started: Google "Nebraska age of consent"

Neal1421

Please post where you found that misleading information.

Your friend can date the 14 year old if her parents say ok, which I pray that they do not but he cannot have sex with her. The age of consent in NE is 17.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay, one more time.

There are no laws in any state regarding DATING. Any minor of any age can date anyone of any age that his or her parents agree to allow him or her to date.

There are lots and lots and lots of laws regarding when a minor can and cannot have sex.

So it depends on your definition of dating. If by dating you mean go to school functions, hang out at the mall, catch an occasional movie, that's fine, no problem. As long as the 14 year old's mommy and daddy say it's okay, it's okay. (If they say it's not okay, then your "friend" had better find another place to spend his time because mommy and daddy will ALWAYS win - and the law will ALWAYS back them up).

If by dating you mean any kind of sexual contact (NOT limited to intercourse) then yes, illegal, big time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">