• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtech

What is the name of your state? TX Approx. 5 wks ago my son got in trouble at school for having a pin knife, pocket knife and knuckels at school. The knuckles were found at school 2 days before he got in trouble. Yes, he should have turned in the knuckles and if not to the school he should have told me about them. The day the principal called him to the office, my son turned all items over to him. The school called my husband to come p/u my son from school. He was suspended for 3 days and on the 3rd day I met with the principle to determine what his punishment would be. My son did not have the knives or knuckles out, did not make any threats and has no history of fighting or getting into any trouble. The principle took that into concideration and assigned him to alternative school. On the 4th week a city officer showed up at alternative school & took my son in for finger prints. The officer did not call me in advance. I found out when my son returned to school. I phoned the officer and he said he was just doing follow up work. Now I recieve a letter that the Juvenille Center wants to meet with me and my son in approx. 2 1/2 wks. and they asked for me to bring my son's SS card. There was no officer the day of the incedent nor at the time of my meeting with the principal. The school did not mention any thing further needing to take place. Should I obtain a lawyer for my son before my meeting witht he Juvenille Center? I am not sure what I need to do. I do not want my son in trouble just because he was being the typical boy that he is.

seniorjudge

jtech said:
What is the name of your state? TX Approx. 5 wks ago my son got in trouble at school for having a pin knife, pocket knife and knuckels at school. The knuckles were found at school 2 days before he got in trouble. Yes, he should have turned in the knuckles and if not to the school he should have told me about them. The day the principal called him to the office, my son turned all items over to him. The school called my husband to come p/u my son from school. He was suspended for 3 days and on the 3rd day I met with the principle to determine what his punishment would be. My son did not have the knives or knuckles out, did not make any threats and has no history of fighting or getting into any trouble. The principle took that into concideration and assigned him to alternative school. On the 4th week a city officer showed up at alternative school & took my son in for finger prints. The officer did not call me in advance. I found out when my son returned to school. I phoned the officer and he said he was just doing follow up work. Now I recieve a letter that the Juvenille Center wants to meet with me and my son in approx. 2 1/2 wks. and they asked for me to bring my son's SS card. There was no officer the day of the incedent nor at the time of my meeting with the principal. The school did not mention any thing further needing to take place. Should I obtain a lawyer for my son before my meeting witht he Juvenille Center? I am not sure what I need to do. I do not want my son in trouble just because he was being the typical boy that he is.

I do not want my son in trouble just because he was being the typical boy that he is.

"Typical boys" do not carry concealed deadly weapons to school.

Get a lawyer.

Happy Trails

jtech said:
Well, most of us on this board would not agree that it is typical boy behavior.

You should consult with an attorney.

Info. link: Go here

Last edited:

jtech

jtech said:
When I said typical boy I meant that in regards to his actions by not turning in the knuckles that he found and by leaving them in his jacket pockets and forgetting them there. I know he should not have had them at school and he has also been grounded so that he can think about that decision he made. Thanks for your advice.

seniorjudge

jtech said:
When I said typical boy I meant that in regards to his actions by not turning in the knuckles that he found and by leaving them in his jacket pockets and forgetting them there. I know he should not have had them at school and he has also been grounded so that he can think about that decision he made. Thanks for your advice.
When I said typical boy I meant that in regards to his actions by not turning in the knuckles that he found and by leaving them in his jacket pockets and forgetting them there.

The kid sure has you hoodwinked...found 'em, did he?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">