• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice before proceeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtech

What is the name of your state? TX
Here is my situation. I will give the shortest version of the story if possible. A crime stoppers call was made in regards to my son having knuckles at school. My son was called to the principal's office and was asked by the Vice Principal if had anything one him he wasn't supposed to have. My son turned into him a pin knife approx. 1 1/12 long altogether, in his other pocket he found his pocket knife w/ a blade of about 3 inches long. He said he had nothing else. He turned his pockets inside out and handed over his jacket where the knuckles were in one of the pockets. He was suspended for 3 days and returned on the 3rd day for a meeting with the principal. At the time of the call no officer was on campus or called to campus. His father went to the school to pick him up. On the day that I met with the principal there was no officer involved. The principal asked if I had received a citation and I had not. We proceeded with the meeting. It was determined that my son would be sent to alternative school until progress report time and at that time the principal would review his grades and determine whether or not to bring him back to reg. school. The principal said he was taking into concideration the fact that my son had never been in trouble, never gave any teachers a hard time, found the knuckles at school 2 days before the incedent and had forgotten that they were in his pockets. The 2 little knives were given to him as Christmas gifts since he collects knives. He has been in alternative school now for almost a month and today an officer shows up at the school takes my son out of class to take him in for finger prints. The officer did not call me. The principal at that school asked if had called me and he said no. She said the officer stated it was not an arrest just follow up. My son called me when he was returned to the school. My question is can they take my son or any minor without a parent being notified or present? Also due to the fact that there was no officer at the time of the incedent and/ or the meeting with the principal can they try to take action now? How serious is this? My son did assult, threaten, or have the knuckles out. A kid that new he found them turned him in. No my son should not have had them at school and at the very least he should have informed his dad and I of his findings but he was being a boy and I know that in today's world you can not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">