• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice for trouble my teenage son may be involved with

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imschertz

PA - Allegedly my son who is 17 and his 20 year old cousin were allegedly at a friend�s house who is 21. Not sure exactly how this started but words started going back and forth between cousin and 21 yr old female who lived there. From there the female started punching my sons cousin and him. My son went outside to his car and the female followed hitting the cousin in the face several times. My son then got in his car along with his cousin and then the female and now the females friend were both punching the car and reaching in the passenger window punching him. My son went to back up and the 21 yr old F's foot was allegedly accidentally ran over by his car. Unsure exactly what just happen and not even knowing that he did, he drove away from her house to get away from them since they were beating on them and the car. Later, it was learned that the 21yr old F went to the hospital because she needed stitches for her foot. She never called the police to report this at the scene (most likely because the females involved were intoxicated and she was providing alcohol to minors. Not my son or his cousin but others there in the house). Once at the hospital, the police went there because she said her foot was accidentally ran over by a friend. Nothing further came of this for the next week. Now he received a phone call from her insurance company stating they were requesting our auto insurance so they can submit a claim for our insurance to cover her medical bills for this. No police report was filed at the scene and my son was unaware any of this even happen. So basically there is no actual proof and only hear say from each side. What steps should I take next? Should I mention this to my insurance company? His car and insurance is both in my name. Should I call the guy back that called my son who is from her insurance co? Should I try to talk to the 21 yr old girl?(since if this goes any further we are obviously going to inform the authorities that she has and does purchase alcohol and also let minors hang at her house and drink alcohol?) A friend of my sons who was outside at the time but not involved saw everything that happen from start to finish. I did leave a message with an attorney who is friends of my sons mom to try to get some advice but wanted to see if anyone from here can help as well. Thanks

OHRoadwarrior

I would advise my son and his cousin, to exercise his right to remain silent if police investigate. Hopefully, you did not give details to this insurance man. I would advise said insurance man all you know for sure, is the day this occurred your son was there visiting and said he left while his insured and others were actively assaulting them. He has no knowledge of the act she is claiming happened regarding her foot. File a report with your insurance. Do not give them any more info than you already have given her insurance company. If anyone requests more info, come back here and discuss it. A lawyer may be in your sons future.

Last edited:

imschertz

So you think I should Inform our insurance company now about the phone call from the guy with the females insurance company called about and is accusing my son?

tranquility

So you think I should Inform our insurance company now about the phone call from the guy with the females insurance company called about and is accusing my son?
Yes. File a report with your insurance company and give them the name of the other insurance company. Talk to no one else about this. (Except for cooperation with your insurance company and your attorney.)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And advise your son to stop hanging out with people (including his cousin) who drink illegally and/or provide booze to minors. Hopefully, he hadn't had a drink before getting back in his car and driving. If he had? Make him hand over the keys.

Eekamouse

Just curious but how could your son NOT know he ran over her foot? I am sure she would have screamed, fell down favoring her smashed foot, reacted in some obvious way to the pain that entailed. Your son wasn't drunk, you say, yet he didn't notice what he'd done?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">