• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

l.a.s.

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I am asking this question for our neighbors, who like myself, have never considered the possibility of ever needing a lawyer.

Their son attended a middle school dance recently, and was pushed from behind into some bleachers with sufficient force to dislocate one of his vertebrae. He did not see who did the pushing, but apparently one of his friends did. His parents are reluctant to do anything about it, mostly I think because they are as afraid of the legal system as they are (now) of school dances.

I like the kid, who seemed to me to have had the potential to become an athlete. (He was on the football and basketball teams.) Now, I worry that he might have lost that potential.

So, the question is: Should the family get a lawyer and if so, what kind? How do they determine if the lawyer is any good?

Thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? Nevada

I am asking this question for our neighbors, who like myself, have never considered the possibility of ever needing a lawyer.

Their son attended a middle school dance recently, and was pushed from behind into some bleachers with sufficient force to dislocate one of his vertebrae. He did not see who did the pushing, but apparently one of his friends did. His parents are reluctant to do anything about it, mostly I think because they are as afraid of the legal system as they are (now) of school dances.

I like the kid, who seemed to me to have had the potential to become an athlete. (He was on the football and basketball teams.) Now, I worry that he might have lost that potential.

So, the question is: Should the family get a lawyer and if so, what kind? How do they determine if the lawyer is any good?

Thanks
Should the family get a lawyer? Ummmm... maybe. What are they going to do about it if they get a lawyer? They may want to talk to an attorney but you can't force them to do that and if they are hesitant about pursuing anything look for the attorney to be hesitant about having them as clients.

l.a.s.

thanks

Thanks for your response.

The family, with prompting from the boy's doctor, has hired a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">