• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need lawyer advice for two cases, son facing child molestation charges....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
his mother was calling me cursing me out, threatening my wife and daughter saying we are all a bunch of liars and that my wife coached my daughter. I think it sunk in once the detective called her to bring him in for questioning. his mother called me and apologized and sounded really depressed. she then stopped talking to me ever since she stood the detective up and did not bring him in. Im only guessing maybe she got him a lawyer and he told her to cut off contact with me sicne we havent been in touch since.
Truthfully your son should not be talking to the police, going to meet a detective or talking to ANYONE about what purportedly happened.

bradthebloke

Truthfully your son should not be talking to the police, going to meet a detective or talking to ANYONE about what purportedly happened.
this is understandable. the detective did call yesterday and ask what highschool he goes to so i imagine they will be picking him up sometime?

anearthw

Strongly agreewith ohiogal, this is sexual assault of a young child charge and he will be facing adult prison time. You need to get him a lawyer today and he needs to listen only to that lawyer. Cooperation with police will sink him. While I appreciate the seriousness of the allegations, this youth still has constitutional rights and needs help protecting that.

Proserpina

Oh for the love of chocolate.

OG is an attorney. Sometimes she gets things wrong.

quincy is not an attorney. Sometimes HE gets things wrong.

I'm not an attorney and sure as hell get things wrong.

In fact, there isn't a single poster on this entire forum who hasn't been wrong at some point.

Can we at least pretend that the poster isn't so incompetent that they need to have this spelled out for them?

The more this continues, the worse it looks for the site and while I realize that we're operating under the fabulous "pay per click" method it doesn't exactly help the poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">