• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor entrap my child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevin9877

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My neighbor found their child was using marijuana. Neighbor's child stated that my child supplied the marijuana. My neighbor then used their child's cell phone to text my child on my child's cell phone to see if my child would deal her child drugs. My child then agrees to supply my neighbor parent (posing as their child) with marijuana but then states just joking at the end of the texts. I never get to see the texts because the neighbor then calls the school and accuses my child of dealing drugs. My child is searched at school, my child's phone looked at (liaison officer at school advises my child to delete the messages so now I can't see what exactly was stated) and then sent back to class. The principal then calls and notifies me that accusations had been made, my child searched (person and phone), texts deleted and sent back to class. The neighbor (across the street) is now telling everyone on the block that my child is dealing drugs. The neighbor called my children's babysitter and also told the babysitter that my child is dealing drugs which is not true. I can't explain why my child would state such things but my child is seeing a psychologist for ADD and sometimes does things without thinking about the consequences. Did the neighbor do anything criminal in texting my child? Did the school do anything wrong? thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">