• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbors fed up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annegg

What is the name of your state? California
About a dozen distressed neighbors have sent a demand letter to a local tenant in a residential neighborhood who are nuisances, drug dealers, vandals, etc..Not necessarily the adults but the children. These people are modern day Fagens. They send their children and their minor friends out to do their dirty work; harrasss the neighbors who complain, bring in drug customers, transport the drugs etc.. cause the kids just get a slap on the wrist fine/citation that doesn't probobly put even a dent in their drug profits.
Recently though, we have witnesses that saw these same kids remove no parking signs (recently put up by the city in response to our attempts to reduce their drug customer traffic,) and throw them into a flood control channel below. The witness told them to put the signs back up and he wouldn't go to the police. The kids did this immediately. All of this happened when the parents were home. Of course these kids park here anyway and just laugh at us now. They drive away with their drugs before anyone can respond.

Can we go after the parents of these minors and the landlord for the nuisance and destruction of city property issue? Of course the parents had the nerve to claim it wasn't their son but a friend, but they originated from the property anyway. can we still go after the tenant adults for the actions of guests?

Getting ready for some vigilanti justice if something doesnt pan out soon!:D

Wolflmg

annegg said:
What is the name of your state? California
About a dozen distressed neighbors have sent a demand letter to a local tenant in a residential neighborhood who are nuisances, drug dealers, vandals, etc..Not necessarily the adults but the children. These people are modern day Fagens. They send their children and their minor friends out to do their dirty work; harrasss the neighbors who complain, bring in drug customers, transport the drugs etc.. cause the kids just get a slap on the wrist fine/citation that doesn't probobly put even a dent in their drug profits.
Recently though, we have witnesses that saw these same kids remove no parking signs (recently put up by the city in response to our attempts to reduce their drug customer traffic,) and throw them into a flood control channel below. The witness told them to put the signs back up and he wouldn't go to the police. The kids did this immediately. All of this happened when the parents were home. Of course these kids park here anyway and just laugh at us now. They drive away with their drugs before anyone can respond.

Can we go after the parents of these minors and the landlord for the nuisance and destruction of city property issue? Of course the parents had the nerve to claim it wasn't their son but a friend, but they originated from the property anyway. can we still go after the tenant adults for the actions of guests?

Getting ready for some vigilanti justice if something doesnt pan out soon!:D
Get a hold of the cops and CPS and tell them of the issue.

CdwJava

There are programs out there designed to permit civil suits (small claims) against property owners in just these circumstamces. If your police department has a community policing team or a public relations person, you might ask them about any programs the city or county might have to guide you in a civil suit against your neighbors.

- Carl

ENASNI

I have seen you posting and posting and posting about this family of horrors. I just really find it hard to believe that the owner of the house would not be concerned about his property.

I cannot see how all the other familys( as you say) don't have a HOA or something that could get together to induce the landlord to evict.

I am getting almost as frustrated as you must be reading all these threads about this house.

annegg

ENASNI said:
I have seen you posting and posting and posting about this family of horrors. I just really find it hard to believe that the owner of the house would not be concerned about his property.

I cannot see how all the other familys( as you say) don't have a HOA or something that could get together to induce the landlord to evict.

I am getting almost as frustrated as you must be reading all these threads about this house.
What is an HOA?
We are coming together in light of this major insult to the safety of our neighborhood and the boldness of it as well.
We see them as Gang Like and are using every City Prosecutor Program we can to go after Mr. Landlord and the tenants.

We want these scumbags, the kids, and all the other parents to pay for dumping this burden on us. Like destroy their lives. OUt on the street. Behind bars. Back working the street. there are so many families who would be grateful for a home and neighborhodd they have bullied and disrespected for so long.
So,
is this neighborhood civil action to grand an endeavor?
Should we just get out the torches and pitchforks and get it overwith.
Then move on to the landlords castle with our tar and feathers and donkey cart :D

Money is not an issue anylonger. We even tried to just purchase the property to get rid of the vermin.. the vermin MUST be family of the landlord How can we find out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">