• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nalaandprovi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

I have been in and out of my Dad's place. He had custody but took the side of his now ex-wife. He had heard everything that I was telling him and he did not believe me until he witnessed it. Everytime my Dad kicked me out I went to my Mom's house. I was kicked out at 15,16 & finally 17. I turn 18 in October.

My Father's girlfriend called the cops on me for having marijuana and a pipe. I have court on May 11th.

I was drunk and got into a physical fight with my Mother in which I called the cops. I received another charge.

Right now I do not live with my Mother or Father. What will the courts say? I have a job and I have been there for more than a year.

My Mom and I were arguing because she wanted me to get my GED & counseling before my court date. Now I'm looking at another charge.

Please help? Please tell me what will happen in court?

commentator

Right off hand, I'd say some juvenile facility placement is in your immediate future until October. Because the courts will probably not see someone who'd ready to move on and has their life in perfect working order, but there's a small window of time here in which you can be compelled to make a few possibly better choices. Why would you NOT want to work on your GED and get some counseling to get your life in better order? Is this job you have currently the one you want to keep for the rest of your life? Are you totally independent of them? As educated as you ever think you'll need to be?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

I have been in and out of my Dad's place. He had custody but took the side of his now ex-wife. He had heard everything that I was telling him and he did not believe me until he witnessed it. Everytime my Dad kicked me out I went to my Mom's house. I was kicked out at 15,16 & finally 17. I turn 18 in October.

My Father's girlfriend called the cops on me for having marijuana and a pipe. I have court on May 11th.

I was drunk and got into a physical fight with my Mother in which I called the cops. I received another charge.

Right now I do not live with my Mother or Father. What will the courts say? I have a job and I have been there for more than a year.

My Mom and I were arguing because she wanted me to get my GED & counseling before my court date. Now I'm looking at another charge.

Please help? Please tell me what will happen in court?
commentator is correct - you'll likely looking at enforced placement. Good on Dad's g/f for reporting your illegal drug use. And good for Mom for pushing you to get a HS diploma. Too bad you don't see that.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">