• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no common sense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

no common sense

What is the name of your state? ohio my 17 year old son back in june was cited for failure to control. he had a liccense suspension for 60 days with driving priveleges. after satisfying the court order the judge did not turn into bmv. in november my son was involved in a accident. his fault. we attended court on the 7th of december for the accident. he was again suspended for 60 days with driving priveleges. later that day i allowed my son to drive to practice(part of driving priveleges). on his way home(mind you we were just in court earlier that same day)he got pulled over for speeding. so we are apparently going back to court. my question to you is what will happen with my son now?

moburkes

How do we know? He might have a longer suspension. However, the DMV website may have the answer that you are looking for? Have you looked there yet?

edit:
By the way-who is missing the common sense, the mother or the son?

Last edited:

AHA

cant find the info i needed.
No the info is common sense, that's why it's not written in black and white on some website, most people already KNOW.
How about you keep your kid away from car keys in the future, he doesn't seem to know anything about driving or how to read traffic signs and I sure as hell don't want to risk my life with that loaded gun behind the wheel of a car on the same road!!!!!!!
I hope for your sake that he doesn't kill anyone with his totally reckless driving.

no common sense

gee golly wilickers I have enough common sense to take the keys and did so you dont have to feel threatened about him crossing your path. the user name is put there on behalf of my son. the real one with no common sense. although as a parent i can appreciate your concerns(by the way the judge gave him his keys back, not me) i certainly do not understand your harsh reprimand on me. i simply was trying to find out what would be the next step in correcting this problem. wanted to make myself aware and prepared for the court proceedings. i thought this was a forum where i could talk with other people in the same situation and not be insulted. i am new to this so you might want to save your tounge lashings for the correct person(the person who actually did something, however i will show my son this reply). i just want to know what to expect in court. you would too. please do not criticize people for wanting to be informed. i already handled the situation. no need to tell me how to handle the siuation. thats not what i asked about. by the way, people make mistakes everyday(to include you and me) and most people want to learn and grow from their mistakes and they should be allowed to without outsiders judging. you dont know my son and yet you apparently think you do. i did not come to this forum to judged, just any helpful information anyone can give. please note that the situation has been handled on the homefront so i dont need advice on that. please try to stick to the real question at hand. its hard enough in this world let alone someone who judges you at what little information you were gave. i dont want to create any hardships but could someone help me with legal information. thank you

AHA

gee golly wilickers I have enough common sense to take the keys and did so you dont have to feel threatened about him crossing your path. the user name is put there on behalf of my son. the real one with no common sense. although as a parent i can appreciate your concerns(by the way the judge gave him his keys back, not me) i certainly do not understand your harsh reprimand on me. i simply was trying to find out what would be the next step in correcting this problem. wanted to make myself aware and prepared for the court proceedings. i thought this was a forum where i could talk with other people in the same situation and not be insulted. i am new to this so you might want to save your tounge lashings for the correct person(the person who actually did something, however i will show my son this reply). i just want to know what to expect in court. you would too. please do not criticize people for wanting to be informed. i already handled the situation. no need to tell me how to handle the siuation. thats not what i asked about. by the way, people make mistakes everyday(to include you and me) and most people want to learn and grow from their mistakes and they should be allowed to without outsiders judging. you dont know my son and yet you apparently think you do. i did not come to this forum to judged, just any helpful information anyone can give. please note that the situation has been handled on the homefront so i dont need advice on that. please try to stick to the real question at hand. its hard enough in this world let alone someone who judges you at what little information you were gave. i dont want to create any hardships but could someone help me with legal information. thank you

You are on the internet for the world to read, so get thicker skin or consult with a lawyer in private.

Most people learn from their mistakes, I'd say your kid keeps being stupid because no one punishes him for risking other people's lives and that should be a crime in itself. You need to be a parent, not a friend/doormat to him. He doesn't need to be saved form consequences (it has apparently not worked for the previous 2 crimes he committed), he needs to pay the consequences for being a dangerous driver. Tough love never killed a spoiled teen.

no common sense

wow perhaps this is not the site for me. i know his license will be revoked and im okay totally with that and thats why I took the keys. im not trying to figure out what to do with my kid although thank you very much for continuously criticizing my child and self. i just wanted to know what all comes with a juvenile offender in traffic court other than license getting revoked. such as are there other penalties. perhaps im not making myself clear. and to you who keeps giving me advice that i did not ask for, what are you doing on this site? are you a lawyer? seems to me if you are you must be on the prosecuting side. if you are not a lawyer, perhaps you should stop looking on this site for dirt on other people. i did the only thing i can do at this point....I TOOK THE KEYS, hes grounded indefinitley,he has to figure out how hes going to get to work etc.... i have done my part. maybe a little too late but im not the judge who gave him his keys back. stick to the real question please. what else besides license being revoked might happen in court. i really do like to be prepared. as for my son. sir he is far from stupid. just lacks common sense like the user name i gave him. i cant believe you would call someone stupid like that for all the world to see. i just wanted any links or related information for my preparedness in court. please stop bashing me.

no common sense

p.s. im not trying to save my child from consequences or i would have hired a lawyer to fight this by being his friend. i dont want to know if he has any rights could actually care less about that right now. i just want to know what else will go on in that courtroom besides license being revoked. you seriously cant blame me for wanting to be prepared. any lawyer would be prepared. im not a lawyer and am not interested in hiring on for my son. he will suffer the consequences. i just want to know what those are going to be.

AHA

wow perhaps this is not the site for me. i know his license will be revoked and im okay totally with that and thats why I took the keys. im not trying to figure out what to do with my kid although thank you very much for continuously criticizing my child and self. i just wanted to know what all comes with a juvenile offender in traffic court other than license getting revoked. such as are there other penalties. perhaps im not making myself clear. and to you who keeps giving me advice that i did not ask for, what are you doing on this site? are you a lawyer? seems to me if you are you must be on the prosecuting side. if you are not a lawyer, perhaps you should stop looking on this site for dirt on other people. i did the only thing i can do at this point....I TOOK THE KEYS, hes grounded indefinitley,he has to figure out how hes going to get to work etc.... i have done my part. maybe a little too late but im not the judge who gave him his keys back. stick to the real question please. what else besides license being revoked might happen in court. i really do like to be prepared. as for my son. sir he is far from stupid. just lacks common sense like the user name i gave him. i cant believe you would call someone stupid like that for all the world to see. i just wanted any links or related information for my preparedness in court. please stop bashing me.
Learn how to use the quote function of who you post to, it's considered lazy not to.

moburkes

We do not know what the judge will do this time. You were told that already. Did you miss that?
YOU gave your child permission to drive to practice. You did that, not the judge. He got a ticket, then got into an at fault accident. Yet, you chose to still give him the keys.

The judge does not make the rules. HE didn't give your son permission to drive again; the laws did. You, however, had the choice not to allow him to drive to practice.

no common sense

Learn how to use the quote function of who you post to, it's considered lazy not to.
wow my kids stupid and now im lazy. i already told you i was new to this and yet instead of simply, kindly, explaining that to me , you opt for the good ole insult. are you on here just to chat with people you dont know? thats what chatlines are for. this is a forum of to which it was my understanding worked like this: you ask a question and people try to answer THAT question for you. i dont know why your world has to be such a rude one. thanks for all your help.....NOT.

AHA

wow my kids stupid and now im lazy. i already told you i was new to this and yet instead of simply, kindly, explaining that to me , you opt for the good ole insult. are you on here just to chat with people you dont know? thats what chatlines are for. this is a forum of to which it was my understanding worked like this: you ask a question and people try to answer THAT question for you. i dont know why your world has to be such a rude one. thanks for all your help.....NOT.
How was my post an insult? If you can't even read a simple sentence of information without getting your panties in a twist, then you'll have rough times in court with your kid.
Good luck to you, and try to keep the roads safe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">