• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Contact Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erikaxcc08

What is the name of your state? Ohio

So I'm 17 years old and in a relationship with an 18 year old.

My parents disapprove of this relationship for the reasons that they don't believe I am mature enough to have a relationship.

I obviously disagree.

I've explained to my parents time and time again that I am in love with him, and that I plan on spending the rest of my life with him. He feels the same way.

There are no emancipation laws in Ohio- and my parents are filing a no contact order against him until they see that I "love myself enough" and am mature enough to not need to have a relationship with him- but will continue one anyways.

Is there any way that I can interfere with the processing of a no contact order? Do I have to approve a no contact order because I'm technically the one it's against? Can my parents even file a no contact order for me- even if I don't want it?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Ohio

So I'm 17 years old and in a relationship with an 18 year old.

My parents disapprove of this relationship for the reasons that they don't believe I am mature enough to have a relationship.

I obviously disagree.

I've explained to my parents time and time again that I am in love with him, and that I plan on spending the rest of my life with him. He feels the same way.

There are no emancipation laws in Ohio- and my parents are filing a no contact order against him until they see that I "love myself enough" and am mature enough to not need to have a relationship with him- but will continue one anyways.

Is there any way that I can interfere with the processing of a no contact order? Do I have to approve a no contact order because I'm technically the one it's against? Can my parents even file a no contact order for me- even if I don't want it?
There is nothing you can do. The order will be against the 18 year old that is seeing you against the will of your parents, if you and he continue to see one and other HE will face criminal charges.

erikaxcc08

Still angry.

I won't be 18 until July 1.

Yes I understand that true love can wait 8 months. But what my parents are doing is completely ridiculous.

I'm one of the most level headed people, I'm wise beyond my years.

I know it doesn't mean much when that is coming from me.

He isn't doing anything illegal or criminal towards me or my parents. We are just communicating.

Why should the fact that I'm 17, give anyone the right to tell me who I can and can't associate with? There is absolutely nothing I can do to even try to get it lifted once it's processed.

Anyone have any ideas on how to talk to my parents to try to get them to change their minds or show them that this relationship is good?

TinkerBelleLuvr

Why should the fact that I'm 17, give anyone the right to tell me who I can and can't associate with? There is absolutely nothing I can do to even try to get it lifted once it's processed.
uhmmmmm , they are your parents and YOU are a minor.
Anyone have any ideas on how to talk to my parents to try to get them to change their minds or show them that this relationship is good?
by following the rules so that you can be trusted.

Mom of 5

fordboy324

can it be removed as soon as you are 18? im in the same shoes with my girlfriend. i feel ya? if t can be removed when your 18. just wait. i know how you feel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">