• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no legal guardian on house arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laces

What is the name of your state? IN

My husband and I live in a basement apt. with our 9 month old son in his grandmothers house. My brother in law also lives with grandma upstairs. Brother in law is 17 now and he already has 4 misd. theft and we had him arrested for dealing marijuana out of the house. Now he is awaiting his sentencing for a burglary at a local pizza store, he admitted he did it. His attorney is trying to get him house arrest (I really don't think it will happen). Grandma is going to move out and put the house in my husband and I names. Sister in law will move in upstairs she is 24 but pregnant and will be gone 70 hours out of the week for school and work. My question is if he somehow does get house arrest could he legally live with us? He wouldn't be living with a legal guardian and there will be no one in the house over 24 and able to watch him at all times.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">