• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Not A Drop" Law in Minnesota

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

17yearold

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I recently was stopped for loud exhaust and recieved a ticket for "Not A Drop" for underage
drinking while driving. Yes my exhaust was loud. It has been fixed now. I had a .07 on the
breathalizer. I will be turning 18 in a month when I will have to go to court. Will I be charged
as a 17 year old or 18 year old. Some people have been saying that breathalizer readings
aren't always correct. They say that if I drank shortly before driving , I was stopped 4 blocks
from where I had been drinking, that the breathalizer test may read higher than the actual amount
of alcohol in my blood. Would that make a difference in my case. I know , I did it, I was stupid!
My last question is do I need to have an attorney or public defender, or will having my parents
be with me be enough.What is the name of your state?
Minnesota

outonbail

17yearold said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I recently was stopped for loud exhaust and recieved a ticket for "Not A Drop" for underage
drinking while driving. Yes my exhaust was loud. It has been fixed now. I had a .07 on the
breathalizer. I will be turning 18 in a month when I will have to go to court. Will I be charged
as a 17 year old or 18 year old. Some people have been saying that breathalizer readings
aren't always correct. They say that if I drank shortly before driving , I was stopped 4 blocks
from where I had been drinking, that the breathalizer test may read higher than the actual amount
of alcohol in my blood. Would that make a difference in my case. I know , I did it, I was stupid!
My last question is do I need to have an attorney or public defender, or will having my parents
be with me be enough.What is the name of your state?
Minnesota

Having your parents with you will do just fine,,, as long as one of them has been through law school. If neither one has, then you may as well leave them wherever they were when you were drinking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">