• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon MIP please help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Burly_Legal

So I had only consumed about 2 beers tops over the course of almost an hour then sat around for another few hours with 3 other friends. When I decided to leave one such friend pleaded for a ride to their house so they could sleep, since it was pretty early in the a.m. I agreed and drove my friend to their house, when instead they decided it would be better if they stayed at my house. So I drove to my house parked my vehicle and proceeded to start my bedtime routine. as soon as I hit the mattress my doorbell rings. thinking its my little sister coming home after a late night of work at 1:30, I answer the door, but sadly it was two county police officers. my friends father happened to be a sheriff so her presence may not have helped. They told me that they received a complaint about my driving and that I had to have been intoxicated which i wasn't. They never tested me or anything just told me I was lucky its only an MIP. I did unfortunetly admit to drinking earlier in the day but that the alcohol was definitely not in my system anymore. They never said I smelled or looked like intoxication. I'm only 18 and this has never happened before. what would be the best way to approach this situation? any help is greatly appreciated I cant afford a $250 ticket and I just got hired but haven't started training will this hurt my employment?

Last edited:

acmb05

So I had only consumed about 2 beers tops over the course of almost an hour then sat around for another few hours with 3 other friends. When I decided to leave one such friend pleaded for a ride to their house so they could sleep, since it was pretty early in the a.m. I agreed and drove my friend to their house, when instead they decided it would be better if they stayed at my house. So I drove to my house parked my vehicle and proceeded to start my bedtime routine. as soon as I hit the mattress my doorbell rings. thinking its my little sister coming home after a late night of work at 1:30, I answer the door, but sadly it was two county police officers. my friends father happened to be a sheriff so her presence may not have helped. They told me that they received a complaint about my driving and that I had to have been intoxicated which i wasn't. They never tested me or anything just told me I was lucky its only an MIP. I did unfortunetly admit to drinking earlier in the day but that the alcohol was definitely not in my system anymore. They never said I smelled or looked like intoxication. I'm only 18 and this has never happened before. what would be the best way to approach this situation? any help is greatly appreciated I cant afford a $250 ticket and I just got hired but haven't started training will this hurt my employment?
This is the reason they tell you not to talk to the police without a lawyer. You already admitted to the police you were drinking. Should have kept your mouth shut.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">