• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

our 16 yr. old is dating a 14 yr. old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

claysnet

What is the name of your state? Maine
Our son is 16 yrs. old He is dating a 14 yr. old girl (who just turned 14) ( he's 17 in february).
Is kissing and hugging considered sexual misconduct? Should we be concerned with the age difference?

rmet4nzkx

The age of consent in Maione is 16. What do the 14 yo parents think of her dating? How closely are they supervised? Are they just attending group funcitons or what. Time to lay down some rules and her her parents.

claysnet

our 16 yr. old son is dating a 14 yr. old girl

Well the parents of the 14 yr. old girl are divorced. This girl is unruley and the mother has no rules I dont think shes ever been grounded. So when she comes here we supervise very closely. However he has come home from their house with a hicky when confronted they say they were on the couch while the mother was there. So needless to say we dont allow him down there.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If it were my son, I'd be concerned. Time to have a come to Jesus talk with him about what the consequences of his getting her pregnant are - both in terms of being a teen Daddy AND of committing statutory rape (or whatever your state calls it).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">