• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

outstanding warrant 10yrs old - NEEDING ADVICE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magenta

What is the name of your state? NY

When I was 16 yrs old, I got arrested in NYC for trespassing. I told the cops a fake name and told them I was 18, to avoid getting sent home because I was a run away. I was sentenced to community service, but because of my lifestyle at the time, I didn't do any of it. I got arrested again a few months later for drug possession (in NYC) and was once again sentenced to community service, but once again skipped out on that. Shortly after I was arrested that last time, I went back home to turn my life around. Since then I've had no arrests and I've been a good citizen, contributing to my community. I've recently moved to Canada and will need to get criminal checks for immigration purposes. I'm afraid those records will show up with my finger print records. I would like to find out if I can get my record closed, and if so, how would I be able to do it all the way from Canada. My current situation doesn't allow me to leave Canada, and I also have 2 babies, so I can't travel right now. Any advice? I know that I made bad choices as a teen, and I've owned up to them. But what could I have been charged with at the age of 16 in 1996? I was tried as an adult because I told them I was 18, but I should have been tried as a juvenile, or at least sent back home to my mom!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">