• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OVI+Underaged Consumption+Burglery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mattwill15

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Last night i found myself at a party with some of my friends. I was taken there by one of my good friends under the immpression that he was the D.D. for the night. I began drinking, and he also did too(without my knowledge). Later that night i recieve a call from another one of my friends pleading for a ride, so i asked the person who brought me there if we could go pick him up. He said it was fine, but that i needed to drive because he had drank to much. We leave the party, pick him up and another kid up, and begin to drive away. The other kid that we picked up decided he want to run into this persons garage and take beer. So i stopped, let him out, he stole it, and came back into the car. I drove away and dropped the kid that had stolen it back off at the party. Apparently a witness had saw the car and called the police. So we get pulled over in a neighborhood driving back to my house. I get charged with OVI (BAC .108), burglery, and underaged consumption. Now i have never really been introuble with the law, and i am a very good student; but i am scared out of my mind. I have a court date scheduled for this tuesday, and i was wondering, if i am convicted, what will my sentencing most likely consist of?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Oh there are many many things. You are underaged and will lose your license until you turn 21. You will most probably be sent to rehab and forced to complete rehab. You will most probably spend time in juvenile as they will not stick you in county lockup with adults. That is on the OVI. On the burglary you will see more time in juvenile as well as restitution. You may also receive community service, probation, and various other punishments -- hopefully from your parents.
You say you are a good kid so as a good kid be prepared to get a job and spend a lot of time working to save money. Be nice and ask your parents for an attorney for Christmas. And then be prepared to pay them back the money (most probably over a thousand dollars or two) that it will cost them because as a good kid you were stupid. Also be prepared to pay all the fines associated with your walk on the wild side.
And remember something -- the law will not care that you say you are a good kid -- because you are now a criminal. Or will be once you are found guilty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">