• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Adult-Minor Dating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

I have no idea where you get from the original post that the 19 year old woman is "trying to turn [the 13 year old boy] down gently by telling him it's illegal" to preserve his ego.

Obviously your mind is creating pictures in your head that mine is not.
Student teacher wanting to date a 13 year old isn't your mind creating pictures in your head? I have no idea where you got that either from the original post.

BOTH of us are speculating. I just happen to think that your speculation is more "out there" than mine. We have the 13 year old posting here (supposedly). Adolescents "crush" on older teens ALL the time.

quincy

Student teacher wanting to date a 13 year old isn't your mind creating pictures in your head? I have no idea where you got that either from the original post.

BOTH of us are speculating. I just happen to think that your speculation is more "out there" than mine. We have the 13 year old posting here (supposedly). Adolescents "crush" on older teens ALL the time.
You are right that we are both speculating.

NellieBly

Huh? There are 13 year old Freshman and there are 19 year old seniors. There are schools where middle and high school aged students are all at the same school. Its just as likely to be one of those as it is a 19 year old student teacher trying to date a 13 year old student.

Again, I think its more likely that the 19 year old has told him its illegal, to let him down gently. In other words, instead of saying "heck no, I am not interested in dating a child" which would hurt his feelings, she is telling him, "I am sorry, but it wouldn't be legal for me to date you" which would preserve his ego.
I was 13 in ninth grade, I graduated high school at 17.

Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

quincy

I was 13 in ninth grade, I graduated high school at 17.

Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
Those tend to be the ages for the typical student. The ages for required school attendance in Pennsylvania are age 8 to age 17.

I understand, however, that there are those students who are atypical. The Pennsylvania Code allows for students to attend school up through the end of the school term where the student turns 21 (as does, apparently, the public high school in Massachusetts where ajkroy teaches). These students are (most often) those students with special needs.

Here is a link to the Pennsylvania Code on student attendance: http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/022/chapter11/chap11toc.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">