• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA age of consent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fire1ss

In Pennsylvania a 15 year old male got a 22 year old female pregnant. With this age difference I was under the impression that this was still statutory rape. When the police were asked they said that at the age of 15 people can do what they want and this would be statutory misconduct. I am confused about what is the truth. I figure if a 22 year old male had sex with a 15 year old girl he would locked up. I fully agree that because the child has been proven to be his he is responsible for helping take care of the child even if only financially. However by stating that the boy was the father hasn't the woman confessed to a crime by having sex with a 15 year old?

seniorjudge

fire1ss said:
In Pennsylvania a 15 year old male got a 22 year old female pregnant. With this age difference I was under the impression that this was still statutory rape. When the police were asked they said that at the age of 15 people can do what they want and this would be statutory misconduct. I am confused about what is the truth. I figure if a 22 year old male had sex with a 15 year old girl he would locked up. I fully agree that because the child has been proven to be his he is responsible for helping take care of the child even if only financially. However by stating that the boy was the father hasn't the woman confessed to a crime by having sex with a 15 year old?
http://www.ageofconsent.com/pennsylvania.htm

A good place to start your research.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
FYI, the site referred to provides incorrect information in several states, from what I have been told.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">