• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parental participation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbonesmom

What is the name of your state? IN

12 yr old boy w/prior probation (not sure for what) is sent to juvenile prison for burglary. He has been incarcerated for 15 months & now his mother is being sued by the county for parental participation including damages, restitution & all of his incarceration! I can see the mother legally responsible for damages & restitution, but to have to pay the county back for incarceration? Isn't the child a ward of the state now & don't they receive grants for incarceration?

tbonesmom

30 views & no one has any advice?! Must be you couldn't find anywhere to insert your snide little comments! These are usually serious matters that people present you with & you dare poke fun & make snide remarks? Could be your child one day!

Silverplum

30 views & no one has any advice?! Must be you couldn't find anywhere to insert your snide little comments! These are usually serious matters that people present you with & you dare poke fun & make snide remarks? Could be your child one day!
Define the word "VOLUNTEER." :rolleyes:

Define the word "CHOICE." :cool:

Since it will no doubt take you several hours to find those words in a dictionary, I'll tell you this much right now: *I* viewed this thread and didn't answer because this situation is none of your business. How's that? Like that answer? Think it's snide? Think I made fun?

Get over yourself.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? IN

12 yr old boy w/prior probation (not sure for what) is sent to juvenile prison for burglary. He has been incarcerated for 15 months & now his mother is being sued by the county for parental participation including damages, restitution & all of his incarceration! I can see the mother legally responsible for damages & restitution, but to have to pay the county back for incarceration? Isn't the child a ward of the state now & don't they receive grants for incarceration?
These are but some of the words that told me/us that this situation is none of your business.

Just Blue

Ahhh...Don't think so! My child is currently out shopping for items needed for University.

When you don't allow your child to join a gang and commit mayhem you don't have to pay the state incarceration fees. Life is kinda neat that way....;)

A bit of advice...When your son comes home with a new tattoo and the nic-name "T-bone"...it is time you, as a parent, took a closer look at what he is up to and who he is doing it with. If you are unwilling to parent your child, don't piss and moan when you have to pay the state to do it! The tax payers of this country shouldn't have to foot the bill 'cause you suck as a parent.

Snide enough for you???

tbonesmom

For your information my son hasn't any tatoos--Tbone was a name given to him by his football team--that's how good he was! I don't suck as a parent--we as a society suck! Government steps in and tells you how to parent, but when you no longer have control--because they are taught in school that "your parents can't do that"---"they can't say that"---they hold you responsible! And get off your high horse--I, too have a daughter starting her senior yr @ a local university---so maybe I don't totally suck as a parent!

And it is my business as HIS mother is my FRIEND! She asked for my opinion so I thought this would be a good place to get her some advice! Get over yourselves! I would hope as high as you hold your opinions and advice that you are attorneys & not just volunteers! Which either way--explains a lot!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">