• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parents Withholding SSN Card from Minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, sure. The opinions come free.

But the bottom line is that it doesn't really make no nevermind what anyone thinks of the mother's moral obligation. LEGALLY she is the one on firm ground. Not the kid. There isn't a law out there that's going to force her to let her kid work or give him his documentation as long as he is under 18. Unless she chooses to.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
However you're assuming the OP was born near where he/she lives.
I was able to get copies of my kids' BCs from CA when I lived on the other side of the country. The instructions are online (probably via the link provided earlier).

And we are only getting one side of the story. It is entirely possible this kid has shown irresponsibility in the past with items of import. We simply don't know.

I have one "child" I would not hesitate to provide this kind of paperwork to, and one I would be very cautious about providing said documentarion to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">