• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pending expulsion from high school (possession of marijuana and paraphernalia)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastandy757

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

Hi I am a 12th grade high school student and am currently pending expulsion due to possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. I was charged on April 13th, 2010 and am said to graduate June 9th, 2010. My question is how long is this whole expulsion case going to take? Will it be resolved before my graduation date? What are the chances that my expulsion will be overlooked and I can continue with my path of graduating and walking with my class? I need advice and quickly please I'm willing to do whatever it takes to turn this decision around . . . just don't know where to start. Any advice would be great but please make sure its legit.

(I should also inform you that I am joining the military in July. So financial aid isn't really necessary.) (also i only need half a credit to graduate . . . I just want to walk with the class that I've spent my last four years growing up with.)

Last edited:

Isis1

Hi I am a 12th grade high school student and am currently pending expulsion due to possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. I was charged on April 13th, 2010 and am said to graduate June 9th, 2010. My question is how long is this whole expulsion case going to take? Will it be resolved before my graduation date? What are the chances that my expulsion will be overlooked and I can continue with my path of graduating and walking with my class? I need advice and quickly please I'm willing to do whatever it takes to turn this decision around . . . just don't know where to start. Any advice would be great but please make sure its legit.
you're going to have to speak to the school board. it's their decision.

racer72

Sorry, the Free Advice crystal ball is in St. Louis, the Rams are deciding who they want to pick in the upcoming NFL draft. The only people that can answer your question are the people that suspended you. You need to ask them.

Isis1

Sorry, the Free Advice crystal ball is in St. Louis, the Rams are deciding who they want to pick in the upcoming NFL draft. The only people that can answer your question are the people that suspended you. You need to ask them.
what??? who shipped it to them?? SP is in sooooOOOooOooo much trouble!!

swrdmbo

Yeah...just talk to the school board...ask real nice...and they will probably let you proceed as if NOTHING happened.

They probably don't take expulsions all that seriously...especially since you are SO CLOSE to graduation.

cyjeff

By the way, I hope none of these charges are felonies.

You do know that felony drug charges will keep you from student loans for college, right?

Further, you are being expelled. You won't be graduating with your class.

You will have to enroll in alternate school and/or take the GED.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Yep, reality is that you are unlikely to walk with your class, let alone graduate. You have also pretty well screwed up any financial aid/scholarships you may have been eligible for - if you were planning on going on to college.

They MAY be a bit more lenient if you immediately enroll in drug/alcohol treatment and counseling.

CdwJava

Hi I am a 12th grade high school student and am currently pending expulsion due to possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
Bad decision on your part.

Have you also been charged in a criminal court? Or, were you REAL lucky and the school did not bother to call the cops?

My question is how long is this whole expulsion case going to take? Will it be resolved before my graduation date? What are the chances that my expulsion will be overlooked and I can continue with my path of graduating and walking with my class?
No one can predict what an unknown school administration might do. You or your parents can contact the district administration and ask these questions.

In my experience, a person who has been expelled will NOT graduate with his or her class. Permission to do this might have to be obtained from the superintended or the school board. If you have had previous disciplinary or legal troubles, I would no count on it. If you have managed to avoid getting caught until now, then you MIGHT stand a small chance of being allowed to walk if you and your parents ask real nice. I have known it to happen in rare cases.

Your parents might be willing to pay for an attorney to work on your behalf, too. Maybe they won't as it will be expensive and it will be a gamble in a vain hope to allow you to walk with your class, but if they have the money and it means that much to you, it might be worth their effort.

Or ... maybe not.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this is NOT your first run-in with authority. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">