• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

As For Pennsylvania?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BeautifulEirene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Pennsylvania

Hello.
I have some questions that I would like to have cleared up. But please..please do not judge me based on the information , I am asking about. I know this may have been asked a lot , but i need to be sure that this particular thing is allowed. Okay , I'm 16 years of age and I was wondering if it is legal to date; ( not have sex) someone who is at least 12-16 years older then me ?. And yes , I know , why would I want to date someone who's way older then me. I have my reasons , and this is my last year of school , just in case someone tells me to to stay in school !! :) . But i would like to know if this is allowed ?. Also , what if the parents don't agree , could they do something to have that person go to jail ?.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
For the record, the font you used is very hard to read.

No one is going to judge you or ask you why you want to date someone so much older. That's perfectly natural and does not reflect badly on you.

The shoe is on the other foot. There are very few reasons why someone that much older would want to date a 16 year old, and every single one of them reflects VERY poorly on the older person. The least offensive reason is that he's too immature to find someone his own age who's willing to spend any time with him.

You can say now that there isn't going to be any sex, and I'm sure that you believe it. I can pretty much guarantee you that no matter what he says now, and no matter how persuasive he is that he's going to respect you and not make any untoward moves, HE IS LYING.

Run very far away from this relationship, honey. You're not a bad person for wanting it - I'm not judging you. But this is bad, bad, bad for you in every possible way. Get out now before it's too late.

I realized that I missed part of your question. If your parents do not agree, not only can they take steps to put him in jail, that's exactly where he belongs. It may not be immediate and whether he is actually jailed will depend on circumstances, but make no mistake, he can get into a LOT of legal trouble which can include not just jail but prison.

Last edited:

Just Blue

No one is going to judge you or ask you why you want to date someone so much older. That's perfectly natural and does not reflect badly on you.

The shoe is on the other foot. There are very few reasons why someone that much older would want to date a 16 year old, and every single one of them reflects VERY poorly on the older person. The least offensive reason is that he's too immature to find someone his own age who's willing to spend any time with him.

You can say now that there isn't going to be any sex, and I'm sure that you believe it. I can pretty much guarantee you that no matter what he says now, and no matter how persuasive he is that he's going to respect you and not make any untoward moves, HE IS LYING.

Run very far away from this relationship, honey. You're not a bad person for wanting it - I'm not judging you. But this is bad, bad, bad for you in every possible way. Get out now before it's too late.

I realized that I missed part of your question. If your parents do not agree, not only can they take steps to put him in jail, that's exactly where he belongs. It may not be immediate and whether he is actually jailed will depend on circumstances, but make no mistake, he can get into a LOT of legal trouble which can include not just jail but prison.
Can I "assume" that OP was more forthcoming before the "-------///////------" font?:)

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Pennsylvania

Hello.
I have some questions that I would like to have cleared up. But please..please do not judge me based on the information , I am asking about. I know this may have been asked a lot , but i need to be sure that this particular thing is allowed. Okay , I'm 16 years of age and I was wondering if it is legal to date; ( not have sex) someone who is at least 12-16 years older then me ?. And yes , I know , why would I want to date someone who's way older then me. I have my reasons , and this is my last year of school , just in case someone tells me to to stay in school !! :) . But i would like to know if this is allowed ?. Also , what if the parents don't agree , could they do something to have that person go to jail ?.
WTH?????????:confused::confused:

BeautifulEirene

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions :) . I apologize about the hard to read font ! . My parents can still take steps even if my mother is incarcerated ? ; But this would also be illegal right?. Even if there was not any contact of any sort ?. But once again thank you so much for clearing this up for me !! :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your mother being incarcerated does not change anything at all. That's not going to magically change the law OR your potential bf's motives.

But this would also be illegal right?.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

LdiJ

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions :) . I apologize about the hard to read font ! . My parents can still take steps even if my mother is incarcerated ? ; But this would also be illegal right?. Even if there was not any contact of any sort ?. But once again thank you so much for clearing this up for me !! :)
Yes, your parents or guardians can still take action. If your parents or guardians say that you cannot date the older person, you cannot date the older person and the older person can get in a great deal of trouble...and end up in prison.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">