• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pennsylvania : Restraining Orders?No Contact Orders??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OG again I am incredibly confused as to why the bolded matters. This is a MINOR CHILD, OP is the childs PARENT and the contact with this ADULT is unwanted by the PARENT. So why exactly does the parent need a reason to tell this ADULT to leave their MINOR child alone?
Because if the adult does NOT know that the contact is unwanted, the adult may not realize there are issues with contact. That is the reasoning behind this:
Does the adult know it is unwanted?
Furthermore this question:
furthermore, what is the contact the adult is initiating?
Plays into what options the OP has legally. If the adult does not know that OP doesn't want her contacting the child, he can't file a police complaint for harassment. Depending on what the contact is determines what possibilities may exist legally -- texting or email? Is she a teacher at school or a coach for a sports team the child is on? Is she the child's boss? All those things matter.

OP can ground the child but legally the adult is doing nothing wrong necessarily -- hence my questions. ALL that OP has stated is that the woman is a lesbian. He hasn't stated the adult has been told to quit contact. He hasn't stated whether the adult's contact is due to employment (which means his daughter should quit because that is not going to get him anywhere legally). He has not answered anything.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The parent of the minor child can decide s/he doesn't like the freckle on the tip of the adult's nose and decide that his/her minor child is not allowed to have contact with the adult. The REASON doesn't matter (legally speaking.) Yes, the parent has to let the adult know that contact is not allowable, otherwise the adult won't know (that's logic 101.) Beyond that, legally speaking, the reason for the way the parent feels doesn't matter.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The parent of the minor child can decide s/he doesn't like the freckle on the tip of the adult's nose and decide that his/her minor child is not allowed to have contact with the adult. The REASON doesn't matter (legally speaking.) Yes, the parent has to let the adult know that contact is not allowable, otherwise the adult won't know (that's logic 101.) Beyond that, legally speaking, the reason for the way the parent feels doesn't matter.
The reason matters for LEGAL OPTIONS (such as a restraining order, stalking order) or options that can be taken legally. I get why you are stating and I agree with that. But the REASON matters for WHAT options (legally) are available.

I feel like I am talking in circles here. And OP hasn't been back to answer anything.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The reason matters for LEGAL OPTIONS (such as a restraining order, stalking order) or options that can be taken legally. I get why you are stating and I agree with that. But the REASON matters for WHAT options (legally) are available.
Fair enough.

I feel like I am talking in circles here. And OP hasn't been back to answer anything.
I hope he returns.

RRevak

OK this statement makes much more sense than your initial statements which, in all honesty, made it very much sound as if you were saying there needed to be a general reason for OP to decide this woman needed to stay away from the child which we all know isn't true. Without this clarification yes, we were staring to sound like broken records ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">