• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Person being bad influence on my daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jorjacalla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have a 14 year old daughter , she has been visiting a former friend of mine (26 years old) for some time.
At first she wasn't too concerned about this as the former friend seemed to be a positive influence. Recently
the former friend has been trying to turn my daughter against me, I discovered that this weekend
my former friend had taken my daughter to a party where alcohol was served and older men were present without my
permission , she had told my husband that she was taking her to buy a dress.
I just found out the party was a 3 hour drive from home and the party was in a dangerous section of L.A.
Is it possible to get a restraining order against the person to prevent her having contact with my daughter ?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I have a 14 year old daughter , she has been visiting a former friend of mine (26 years old) for some time.
At first she wasn't too concerned about this as the former friend seemed to be a positive influence. Recently
the former friend has been trying to turn my daughter against me, I discovered that this weekend
my former friend had taken my daughter to a party where alcohol was served and older men were present without my
I just found out the party was a 3 hour drive from home and the party was in a dangerous section of L.A.
Is it possible to get a restraining order against the person to prevent her having contact with my daughter ?
Why don't you just stop allowing the guy to "visit" with your child?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess

Your child, right?

At first she wasn't too concerned about this as the former friend seemed to be a positive influence.
Or not your child ...

Recently the former friend has been trying to turn my daughter against me, I discovered that this weekend
Your other thread is about your friend.

Is THIS thread about your friend, too?

quincy

The only "guy" mentioned in the thread is the OPs' husband.
Then perhaps you can mentally correct the "Why don't you just stop allowing the guy to visit with your child?" to "Why don't you just stop allowing the gal to visit with your child?"

Parents have the ability to prevent their children from visiting with "bad influences" without the need for a restraining order and I do not see there is much to support a restraining order here. Jorjacalla can tell her husband not to permit the daughter to have contact with the former friend again, as it seems it was her husband who allowed the contact.

CdwJava

As others have already stated, there is no restraining order necessary - nor likely - since all you have to do is prohibit the child from visiting with the ex friend.

Take control of your child and it's all done.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
This truly is not rocket science. You stop letting your daughter spend time with this former friend. Problem solved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">