• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mburks89

What is the name of your state? California
earlyer tonight i recieved a phone call from my girlfriends guardians (grandparents) they went through her text messages and found "sexually explicite" conversation between myself and her they told me that if i continue to stay in cotnact with her they will go to the police (oh i forgot she is 16 i am 17) are they just threating me and trying to scare me or could i really get in trouble for this....i want to talk to ehr so bad but being sent to court wont help me so before i do anything drastic to see her i need to know what i can be facing please pelase help

The Occultist

What her parents say, goes. If they decide she can't see you, she can't see you and that is the end of that. If need be, they can obtain a restraining order against you, and then you would face legal trouble for talking to her. Just leave it alone, buddy, leave it alone.

BelizeBreeze

noooo pelase pelase help me some how theres got be something i can do i lovde her why can they do this
because they are her guardians. So it's time to grow up and either do as they wish or explain yourself to the police when they serve the TRO on you and to the judge as to why you should not be charged with harrassment.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
noooo pelase pelase help me some how theres got be something i can do i lovde her why can they do this
Hmmm.... Something you can do.... hmmmmm.... GO to see her garndparents, hat in hand. Tell them that you love and respect her and you realize that your actions have been irresponsible. That you understand their concerns (what adult doesn't?), and you'd like to ask their permission to spend time with her under their supervision until you have earned back their trust.

That's about it, son.

mburks89

im sorry about my last post im in a very emoptional state right now
i have writen a 3 page letter and hopfuly they will be able to reason with me
if not ill have to wait a year and 8 months

M

Mommi2fivekids

Hmmm.... Something you can do.... hmmmmm.... GO to see her garndparents, hat in hand. Tell them that you love and respect her and you realize that your actions have been irresponsible. That you understand their concerns (what adult doesn't?), and you'd like to ask their permission to spend time with her under their supervision until you have earned back their trust.

That's about it, son.

I totally agree with Stealth and want to add, Make sure to apologize to them for disrespecting them and their grandaughter.
Also I have a question of course. Does the girl want to see you or are you really harrassing her? You had better think about that before you go any further. Is it possible that maybe she went to them and told them this to get them to make you leave her alone?

mburks89

no she wants to see me all the sexual discotions were mutual she has told me she lvoes me many times i am apologizing i did not disrespect her in any way shap or form i lvoe her i could never do that we have just had conversation about sexual things we are in a romantic relationship these thigns come up.

microsoft2006

The grandparents can't get you in trouble legally for sending her messages unless they are harassing to her. As for seeing her that's another story.

mburks89

how about calls if shes the one calling me and if she visits me instead of me visiting her can i still get in trouble? thank you very much for the help

The Occultist

Yes you can. Her guardians said no, but you're still allowing it to happen. That falls under the category of Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor. Stop being stupid. You can try to convince her guardians to give you a chance like others have suggested, but failing that you are hereby forbidden from seeing her.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
im sorry about my last post im in a very emoptional state right now
i have writen a 3 page letter and hopfuly they will be able to reason with me
if not ill have to wait a year and 8 months
Did I say write a letter? I didn't think so. Go see them, in person. You want to play at being an adult - now act like one. Skip the 3-page, emotionally laden, sappy, "but I love her" crap and act like the mature person you want them to recognize you for being.

CdwJava

microsoft2006 said:
The grandparents can't get you in trouble legally for sending her messages unless they are harassing to her. As for seeing her that's another story.
Not completely true. Depending on the content of the messages he might be able to be charged.

In any event, the legal guardians could try to slap a restraining order on Junior. Though it would seem to me that one easy solution would be take away the girl's phone, or get her one that does not receive text messages and has only pre-programmed numbers.

- Carl

gawm

What is wrong with you? At 17 you should not be seeing one person exclusively anyways. Go out see other people and start dating her again in a year and a half.:rolleyes: :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">