• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me. I'm freaking out. This is about Child Grooming, I suppose.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebius

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Name of my state? Texas. Whatever, man.

Okay, so I met this kid (13) on Facebook. I am 18. At the get go I ask him if he's interested in "Casual hand holding and kissing". He says yeah. He's a fat, desperate . I'm a skinny, desperate bi kid. Who knows, right? So, yeah, we're both male (that's important to remember) and we're talking and we're talking about meeting up and blowjobs and stuff and how he's had sex with a 45 year old man and about how... like... he'll "Give me his ass" when we're in private. Then, the next day, I decide, "I'mma not do this." So I tell him so. I also call him chubby. And I continue to talk to his friends despite him not wanting me to. I even hook up a "girlfriend" of his whom is fifteen, and we meet up and make out and hold hands. -nod nod- Which was fun and totally what I was looking for. Then, when he hears about this, he flips his XXX and declares that he's "taking me to court" and that "he's told a teacher" and will be calling the cops or something.

So yes, I'm QUITE freaked out. I'm only 18. My life has just started. I don't want to spend the next ten years in prison. Am I going to go to jail over this?

Does anyone know the laws regarding this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Plebius

Oh, I suppose I might as well point out, the only reason I even wanted to hook up with him was because he was... like... the only person whom, at the time, I knew I could receive any sort of affection from.
Like, I was REALLY desperate for any sort of affection...

Proserpina

Only 10 years?

You need an attorney.

And you need to quit stalking CHILDREN.

Plebius

Huh. I think my other post got deleted. But yeah, I'm not a pedophile. I was jusT SO DESPERATE for any sort of affection.
I mean, I've made out with a forty or older year old woman once. At a rave. I'd much rather do that than make out wiht some kid, but I wanted to anyway JUST SO I COULD KISS SOMEONE.
Also, I WASN'T STALKING HIM. I MET HIM THROUGH A FRIEND.

Can someone please give me some serious legal advice?
Please?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Looks like a second degree felony. If I'm understanding the remedies section correctly, it's a mandatory minimum of five years. Plus community service, plus registration as a sex offender, etc.

You'd better start saving your money. If they come knocking on your door, you are going to need a lawyer. A good one. A very good one.

Sec. 33.021. ONLINE SOLICITATION OF A MINOR. (a) In this section:

(1) "Minor" means:
(A) an individual who represents himself or herself to be younger than 17 years of age; or
(B) an individual whom the actor believes to be younger than 17 years of age.

(3) "Sexually explicit" means any communication, language, or material, including a photographic or video image, that relates to or describes sexual conduct, as defined by Section 43.25.

(b) A person who is 17 years of age or older commits an offense if, with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person, the person, over the Internet, by electronic mail or text message or other electronic message service or system, or through a commercial online service, intentionally:

(1) communicates in a sexually explicit manner with a minor; or
(2) distributes sexually explicit material to a minor.

d) It is not a defense to prosecution under Subsection (c) that:

(1) the meeting did not occur;
(2) the actor did not intend for the meeting to occur; or
(3) the actor was engaged in a fantasy at the time of commission of the offense.

(f) An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the third degree, except that the offense is a felony of the second degree if the minor is younger than 14 years of age or is an individual whom the actor believes to be younger than 14 years of age at the time of the commission of the offense. An offense under Subsection (c) is a felony of the second degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">