• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help my son is being charged with 2C:33-4

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worryword123

New Jersey

Here is what the Superior court of NJ sent me today:

"Within the township of east brunswick, county if middlesex did: with purpose to harass another make or cause to be make a communication or communications in a manner to cause annoyance or alarm, specifically by posting a web page using profanity and degrading remarrks about school administrators and a former school resource officer."

He has only one charge whhch is 2C:33-4

Please tell me what sort of outcome can come out of this. He has already had probation before for one year.

The webpage was a Myspace in which my son and his friends created a picture of the school administrators using degrading comments on the picture and passing it around to other friends. My son is the only one who recieved the notice.

So, what sort of outcome can this come to?

Thanks

My son is 15 years old turning 16 in August.

Last edited:

Just Blue

New Jersey

Here is what the Superior court of NJ sent me today:

"Within the township of east brunswick, county if middlesex did: with purpose to harass another make or cause to be make a communication or communications in a manner to cause annoyance or alarm, specifically by posting a web page using profanity and degrading remarrks about school administrators and a former school resource officer."

He has only one charge whhch is 2C:33-4

Please tell me what sort of outcome can come out of this. He has already had probation before for one year.

The webpage was a Myspace in which my son and his friends created a picture of the school administrators using degrading comments on the picture and passing it around to other friends. My son is the only one who recieved the notice.

So, what sort of outcome can this come to?

Thanks

My son is 15 years old turning 16 in August.

Was Jr. posting on the net that his principal was a child molester by any chance??

Would this be the site??
http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aaann0.jpg

And this your little darling??

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=357811&highlight=east+brunswick

Last edited:

worryword123

Wow - Ok

Thank you for letting me know that he knows this website also.

But can you also help me with any information?

Thanks

worryword123

Help

Can someone please tell me if he is going to face any time in juvy?

He has only one charge which is: 2C:33-4

Can he be proved guilty of that?

2C:33-4. Harassment.
Except as provided in subsection e., a person commits a petty disorderly persons offense if, with purpose to harass another, he:

a. Makes, or causes to be made, a communication or communications anonymously or at extremely inconvenient hours, or in offensively coarse language, or any other manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm;

b. Subjects another to striking, kicking, shoving, or other offensive touching, or threatens to do so; or

c. Engages in any other course of alarming conduct or of repeatedly committed acts with purpose to alarm or seriously annoy such other person.

A communication under subsection a. may be deemed to have been made either at the place where it originated or at the place where it was received.

d. (Deleted by amendment, P.L.2001, c.443).

e. A person commits a crime of the fourth degree if, in committing an offense under this section, he was serving a term of imprisonment or was on parole or probation as the result of a conviction of any indictable offense under the laws of this State, any other state or the United States.

Can he be proved guilty of that charge? If so, then how?

Thanks

Shay-Pari'e

I pick "C." And I really hope you kid does do some time in juvenile hall. Would serve him right[

Absolutely amazing that Mom is more worried about his charges, rather than teaching her kid a lesson.

I still have to go to the other links, but I'm still in AWW.

MOM? Why not ask the DA what his charges and possible outcome is instead of asking here?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He very well will serve time in juvenile hall or a group home especially if he was on probation for another crime. Your son will also face fines, expulsion from school and various other punishments. If you are smart you will let your son face his punishment and NOT bail him out. If you do, expect him to believe that you WILL ALWAYS bail him out and he never has to face the consequences.

Just Blue

Can someone please tell me if he is going to face any time in juvy?

He has only one charge which is: 2C:33-4

Can he be proved guilty of that?

2C:33-4. Harassment.
Except as provided in subsection e., a person commits a petty disorderly persons offense if, with purpose to harass another, he:

a. Makes, or causes to be made, a communication or communications anonymously or at extremely inconvenient hours, or in offensively coarse language, or any other manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm;

b. Subjects another to striking, kicking, shoving, or other offensive touching, or threatens to do so; or

c. Engages in any other course of alarming conduct or of repeatedly committed acts with purpose to alarm or seriously annoy such other person.

A communication under subsection a. may be deemed to have been made either at the place where it originated or at the place where it was received.

d. (Deleted by amendment, P.L.2001, c.443).

e. A person commits a crime of the fourth degree if, in committing an offense under this section, he was serving a term of imprisonment or was on parole or probation as the result of a conviction of any indictable offense under the laws of this State, any other state or the United States.

Can he be proved guilty of that charge? If so, then how?

Thanks
The links provided.

Casey Linquist

ok listening to the other poster there is mixed information. you should still seek out help from a lawyer and ask what are your options. most likey you can come to an agreement of some sort to maby lengthing his probation and many hours of community service, and there are many juvenile turnaround programs that you can also look into witch could greatly increase your sons chances of being successful then a "juvenile center" if you have any other questions please do ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">