• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help. Stachatory Rape laws, 23 and 17

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hopearmstrong

So my fiancee's ex wife is threatening to file charges on him for stachatory rape, because he's 23 and I'm 17. I live in Oregon, and we're a pretty liberal state here, but I can't find the law anywhere. She works for the sheriffs department and threatens us with all this crazy stuff like wanting to kill us, and how she has a gun. Can she get in trouble for that because of where she works? The other thing is when we get married in a few weeks (Nov. 11) will she still be able to file charges from before??

Silverplum

So my fiancee's ex wife is threatening to file charges on him for stachatory rape, because he's 23 and I'm 17. I live in Oregon, and we're a pretty liberal state here, but I can't find the law anywhere. She works for the sheriffs department and threatens us with all this crazy stuff like wanting to kill us, and how she has a gun. Can she get in trouble for that because of where she works? The other thing is when we get married in a few weeks (Nov. 11) will she still be able to file charges from before??
What's "stachatory"?

HappyHusband

What's "stachatory"?
That's my 2nd favorite version of the spelling. My mostest favorite version is "stackematory".

Although marriage is usually a defense to the charge of statutory rape, the ex-wife can still rat you out because you are not married now, and you are not 18.

hopearmstrong

Statutory, sorry. And isn't the law anyone over 18 having sex with someone under 16. So if I'm almost 18 would they even take the charge serious??

Last edited:

HappyHusband

Statutory, sorry. And isn't the law anyone over 18 having sex with someone under 16. So if I'm almost 18 would they even take the charge serious??
And isn't the law anyone over 18 having sex with someone under 16?
No.

So if I'm almost 18 would they even take the charge serious?
Depends on what mood the district attorney is in.

By the way, the ex can't file charges, but she can report ya'll, and then the DA will decide if they want to pursue the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">