• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help. Temporary custody of my nephew in CPS custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

launt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona

I am desperately needing any assistance I can get. My nephew who is 15 was taken into CPS custody after his mother was arrested. He was placed in CPS custody since we live out of state. It looks like my sister will be serving a long sentence with many issues involved including possible drug and mental health issues. I actually had to find him in the system since we were not contacted. My sister has spent many years keeping him away from us so that we did not figure out everything she was up too. Luckily I was able to keep a relationship with him by requesting he come to visit in exchange whenever she wanted something for me. I really need to know what the path is going to be for me to get him to come and live with me and get set up here. I have talked with his social worker and she is going to give me more information on the situation once my sister has her charges formally addressed in court. Is there any advise or ways I can make this easier on him and on getting him with me? He is an amazing and sweet young man who deserves so much and I really need to find the quickest way to transition him to my home.
Thank your in advance for ANY input

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">