• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion and Distribution.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mhype

What is the name of your state? NJ

I was driving around with a few friends in my car. We stopped at one kids house because he had to get changed. Then drove to my friends job. He came out and talked to us for a few mins. Then we left. I drove to a local "quick mart" (wawa). Sat outside in the car with both of my friends. Another kid pulls up and parks next to us with his GF. He is talking to us through my passenger window. A few minutes later a bunch of undercover cops run up with a few other officers. They ask us all to get out and searched us found nothing on me, but found 20 something E pills on one of my friends and 2 bags of weed on the other. The kid and his gf next to us had nothing on them. They were let go after some time. I was pulled to the side and questioned. They asked about visiting the kid at his job. I told them I couldn't recall going there. While the two passengers started to tell them how we did go. So at this point the detective in charge tells us that im getting arrested for lying to him about not going to the kids job. The other two are arrested for the drugs. Then they search my car and find an ecstasy pill in the glove box. Both of them say I had no idea it was there and that it was theirs. Handcuffs are slapped on all three of us. Put into a cop car and taken to the police station. We are "booked & processed". I'm 17, the two other kids are 16. So we are let go to our parents.

Is there anything I should do or don't do? I got kicked out of my house so I can't afford a laywer and gonna get a public defender. This took place in NJ, and is my first arrest/offence.

Does it matter that I was never read my rights?

Also while being processed the detective kept saying he is only holding a conversation with us, and what we say can not be used against us. I didn't believe him so I didn't say anything besides the info required to process me.

The main detective said he saw us exchange money with the kid at his job, but there was no exchange of anything. He leaned in my window and we talked about when he was getting off work and stuff like that.

They also impounded my car. Will I get it back? Will my license be suspended?

What will most likely happen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">