• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession in CT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

supamanluva8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

I am 18 years old. i was pulled over and charged with possession of alcohol by a minor in a motor vehicle. the police officer just told me to pay the ticket and everything will be ok. not knowing i would get my license suspended i just paid the ticket. a month later a notice came that i was getting my license suspended. after that time i recieved another possession charge while at a party. if i pay this too what will be the ultimate consequences? please help.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

I am 18 years old. i was pulled over and charged with possession of alcohol by a minor in a motor vehicle. the police officer just told me to pay the ticket and everything will be ok. not knowing i would get my license suspended i just paid the ticket. a month later a notice came that i was getting my license suspended. after that time i recieved another possession charge while at a party. if i pay this too what will be the ultimate consequences? please help.
Do you have the option of just paying the fine or do you have to appear? At 18 you are looking at rehab. Apparently you didn't learn the first time around.

supamanluva8

no no i dont have to appear in court or anything i just paid the fine and sent it in. my license is suspended for 60 days for the other charge and i was just wondering how they would handle this charge. added suspension? drug and alcohol classes? please if this has happened to anyone from CT help me out!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
no no i dont have to appear in court or anything i just paid the fine and sent it in. my license is suspended for 60 days for the other charge and i was just wondering how they would handle this charge. added suspension? drug and alcohol classes? please if this has happened to anyone from CT help me out!
Expect an additional suspension and most likely classes You might seriously consider attending AA.

supamanluva8

30-89 is what i was charged with. im not an alcoholic either both times it was just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. i dont appreciate the AA comment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">