+ Reply to Thread
    supamanluva8 is offline Junior Member

Possession in CT

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

I am 18 years old. i was pulled over and charged with possession of alcohol by a minor in a motor vehicle. the police officer just told me to pay the ticket and everything will be ok. not knowing i would get my license suspended i just paid the ticket. a month later a notice came that i was getting my license suspended. after that time i recieved another possession charge while at a party. if i pay this too what will be the ultimate consequences? please help.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supamanluva8 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

I am 18 years old. i was pulled over and charged with possession of alcohol by a minor in a motor vehicle. the police officer just told me to pay the ticket and everything will be ok. not knowing i would get my license suspended i just paid the ticket. a month later a notice came that i was getting my license suspended. after that time i recieved another possession charge while at a party. if i pay this too what will be the ultimate consequences? please help.
    Do you have the option of just paying the fine or do you have to appear? At 18 you are looking at rehab. Apparently you didn't learn the first time around.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    no no i dont have to appear in court or anything i just paid the fine and sent it in. my license is suspended for 60 days for the other charge and i was just wondering how they would handle this charge. added suspension? drug and alcohol classes? please if this has happened to anyone from CT help me out!
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supamanluva8 View Post
    no no i dont have to appear in court or anything i just paid the fine and sent it in. my license is suspended for 60 days for the other charge and i was just wondering how they would handle this charge. added suspension? drug and alcohol classes? please if this has happened to anyone from CT help me out!
    Expect an additional suspension and most likely classes You might seriously consider attending AA.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    CourtClerk is offline Senior Member
    Sitting at the computer probably rolling my eyes at your post
    What section were you charged with?
    30-89 is what i was charged with. im not an alcoholic either both times it was just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. i dont appreciate the AA comment.