• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession with intent to distribute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stoopheadfred

What is the name of your state? Washington

Ok so the other day I was at a park with some friends showing off a pellet gun that I got. Someone called in to the police saying that someone was waving a pistol around and reported that my friends car was involved with it, but not mine.

Cops came and started talking to my friend. I was in my car at this point watching this all go down. My friend said that he and I were here together, so the officer had me get out of my car too.

The cop searched my friends car and found his pipe but nothing else. Just before the cops had shown up my friend had put his bong in the back of my car (in clear view).

The cop searched my car, but I refused to let him search my trunk. At that point I was arrested and put in the back of the police car. My mom came down and gave them her consent to search the vehicle, and they found a scale, bags, 16 grams of bud, and around 25 pills of ecstasy.

I'm just wondering if you guys have any advice/knowledge about what's going to happen to me next, or what I should do, or who I should talk to. I'm 17 and haven't been in any trouble with the law before.

By the way, I was released from the detention center because a prosecutor decided that the police didn't have probable cause, but I was also told that the police could edit their report at any time.

I'm back at home now, and I don't know what is going to happen next. I know I need to get a lawyer ASAP, but I'm pretty scared and anxious about what will happen to me. I can expand upon any part of the story if need be, but I'm just wondering what you all think the outcome of this situation will be.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The cop searched my car, but I refused to let him search my trunk. At that point I was arrested and put in the back of the police car. My mom came down and gave them her consent to search the vehicle, and they found a scale, bags, 16 grams of bud, and around 25 pills of ecstasy.

<snip>

I'm 17 and haven't been in any trouble with the law before.
I believe you mean "I haven't been caught before". :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">