• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of marijuana and a marijuana pipe(tabacco inhalant)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GxaRCA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello, i am a high school student and i recently got caught with less than an ounce of marijuana(gram to be exact) and a marijuana pipe(tabacco inhalant). i have court next week and i was wondering how much the ticket/fine would be.

Isis1

Hello, i am a high school student and i recently got caught with less than an ounce of marijuana(gram to be exact) and a marijuana pipe(tabacco inhalant). i have court next week and i was wondering how much the ticket/fine would be.
i googled, and i found this...

California Marijuana Laws

still looking on paraphenalia....

GxaRCA

thanks a lot, i might add that i am underaged, and it is my first offense. i was also wondering if i can take classes or do community service to take some money off. i read this and it states that if u have 28.5 or less, your fine is $100(unless i read wrong :D)

CdwJava

What code sections were cited?

The marijuana pipe is likely to have been charged under the tobacco statutes so I imagine it was PC 308(b). But, the marijuana violation can go a couple of different ways. What the penalty might be will depend on what code section was cited. Either way, fines, counseling, and community service are likely in your future. And, if mom and dad are on the ball, those things that are applied by the court will be nothing compared to the punishment you receive at home.

CdwJava

thanks a lot, i might add that i am underaged, and it is my first offense. i was also wondering if i can take classes or do community service to take some money off. i read this and it states that if u have 28.5 or less, your fine is $100(unless i read wrong :D)
It depends on the specific code section. Plus, with fees and assessments tacked on to the fine, the total could be near $300.

GxaRCA

the code for marjiuana is: 11357(b) HGS(i think its HGS, can't really read the writing)

the code for the pipe: 308(b) PC

both minor, misdemeanor, school grounds.

CdwJava

the code for marjiuana is: 11357(b) HGS(i think its HGS, can't really read the writing)

the code for the pipe: 308(b) PC

both minor, misdemeanor, school grounds.
That's probably "H&S" for "Health and Safety" Code.

Yes, fines, probation, counseling and community service are in your future. There may be different options in your county so I hesitate to say what you WILL be required to pay or do, but while 308(b) theoretically can involve time in custody, it rarely ever does.

GxaRCA

lol time in custody huh?. hmmm, i hope i can try to convince them really. i have good grades and i am now involved in highschool events(clubs/sports teams, etc). My parents think im going to pay $500 dollars because there was this guy my parents knew and he had cigarettes and they fined him $450.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">