• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible License Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

utopian_sounds

California

I have a permit but I was not carrying it at the time of the "pull over". Here's the breakdown: I broke the law in several ways the other day by driving to work without having a DL and a licensed driver with me. I was driving home when I ran a red light a cop just happened to be near by. He pulled me over then proceeded to ask for my DL and regristration. To make a long story short I recieved a ticket with two infractions, running a red light and no insurance on the vechicle( it was new), and a misdemeanor for not having a DL. The cop gave me mercy and called my parents to take the car, and me, home. The ticket gave my court date as being Nov.7 but I can take my drive test(as far as I know, I may or may notbe able to anymore) on Oct. 4. Will getting my provisional license a month before my court date help my case out, or is it ultimately up to the judge? I also heared from a differnt source that I may be able to apply for a "restricted" drivers license in order to have a source of transprotation to and from work ,and college, next year when I graduate. I am a senior and in good standing in school if that will make a difference. Or is my only chance to hope for a mercyfull judge who is persuaded easily by speechs' that cover risk( or should I not give a speech)?????

JETX

Will getting my provisional license a month before my court date help my case out, or is it ultimately up to the judge?
Won't undo your criminal conduct.

Wow... your spelling and grammar is atrocious. Stay in school.... you clearly need it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">